Author Topic: Enter Customer Data Via Scanner or Mag Stripe Reader  (Read 3670 times)

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
Enter Customer Data Via Scanner or Mag Stripe Reader
« on: July 07, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »
Is it possible to set up a method of entering customer data from the drivers license via bar code scanner or mag stripe reader? It would also be awesome if this could be tied into the age checking feature for age verification.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Enter Customer Data Via Scanner or Mag Stripe Reader
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 05:19:45 AM »
Click on the Customer button.  Swipe the drivers license through the mag reader.  At the bottom it will show you the age.  The only problem is DL's are not standard.  So, it doesn't work with all the different formats.

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:47:25 AM »
I'm using a bar code scanner to scan with.
Being able to auto populate the customer information fields from that would be a great advantage since the laws regarding this have changed in PA.
I can scan the data into the notes field currently.
I'm only interested in this for PA license information.
I can send you a bar code to see what it would take to get the data into the proper fields on the customer information page.
Also, after scanning a license into the notes field and selecting the customer, it causes the product edit page to come up when a product is selected from the sales screen.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
You can swipe a DL into a Notepad window.  Save the file without typing anything.  Email that file to support.