Author Topic: Loading v14 network  (Read 2366 times)

Offline thecaptive

• View Profile
Loading v14 network
« on: May 21, 2023, 12:50:33 PM »
Our computer (reg #1) has been having problems and they seem to be related to a bad (corrupted) drive. Bought new computer and I'm trying to load everything on it so we can swap out the old one.
I have loaded Ver14 network onto it but have not been able to restore the backup on the new computer. I know it's something simple but it's beyond me. We are currently using the old (soon to be replaced) computer because we are still open for business. I was hoping to get things up and running on the new one so we could just bring it up after we close so we can start fresh the next day.

Is setting up the new computer as #1 while we still have the one in front set as #1 causing the problem? If so is there any way to set things up so it is a relatively painless and simple process? Also do I just use the backup to install the information onto the new computer?

Sorry but I'm just stuck as how to do this (as usual).

I assume the "ezp" files that I backup daily is what needs to be imported or installed on the new computer. If so at least I am kind of on the right track.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Thank you Ronald in advance for the help.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Loading v14 network
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 05:05:28 AM »
Our computer (reg #1) has been having problems and they seem to be related to a bad (corrupted) drive. Bought new computer and I'm trying to load everything on it so we can swap out the old one.
I have loaded Ver14 network onto it but have not been able to restore the backup on the new computer. I know it's something simple but it's beyond me. We are currently using the old (soon to be replaced) computer because we are still open for business. I was hoping to get things up and running on the new one so we could just bring it up after we close so we can start fresh the next day.

Is setting up the new computer as #1 while we still have the one in front set as #1 causing the problem?
No.
 If so is there any way to set things up so it is a relatively painless and simple process?
NA
Also do I just use the backup to install the information onto the new computer?
You can just copy the "ezp" folder to the new computer.

Sorry but I'm just stuck as how to do this (as usual).

I assume the "ezp" files that I backup daily is what needs to be imported or installed on the new computer. If so at least I am kind of on the right track.
Yes

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Thank you Ronald in advance for the help.