Author Topic: Checking on current ideas regarding shopify  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Checking on current ideas regarding shopify
« on: October 20, 2020, 02:47:32 PM »
Hello Ronald,

If you remember my stores had issues with the recent updates where inventory would be off greatly from one day to the next so we went back to an old version and the issue stopped.  However, we are at the point in growing our company personally that we need to figure out a few things regarding our POS and inventory tracking and wanted to see where you stand and any ideas you have. We have a shopify website which I know you were working on Shopify integration.  Shopify is the third-largest online retailer in the U.S. after Amazon and eBay so they are the platform to focus on. I've been studying what some other POS applications offer and getting your feedback on whether or not you have added any of these in recent updates or possibly are planning to.

1) Our BIGGEST POS issue is the amount of products we have and then the amount of price changes and cost changes we have to make and change for each location.  We were doing the one thing you had where for like $20 a month/year or something we could have a master database and upload from there however it honestly didn't work well for us.  We could only do like 100 products at a time, sometimes we had thousands of changes to do.  Sometimes it would seem to crash, we had issues with it so we stopped using it.  Shopify has a POS app that is kind of amazing where since it is an online platform we log in and from any computer you can add or change product information such as pricing, cost, product pictures, etc and then each location would draw from that online server.  Is there anyway to ever have a Master Database and each location can pull updates from the database without having to do it the way it has been before?  Like I said, for us it would crash or sometimes not download everything.  It just never seemed to work flawlessly so I will spend days at one location making product pricing updates and then have to go to my other store just to redo the exact same changes I just did at the first store.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Re: Checking on current ideas regarding shopify
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 02:47:54 PM »
(con't)...

2) How far have you come on Shopify integration? As well as possibly having live inventory status on shopify?  If not live what about daily? Like when the system shuts down it sends stock status to shopify and at least updates quantities every 24 hours or whenever the system closes.

3) are you still able to do custom work if we pay.  We have ideas that would greatly help security issues with our personal store and honestly it's just hiding certain features that already exist or showing more features that already exist.  Not really creating anything new.

4) A BIG ISSUE for us is in order for an employee (at the end of the night) to run a sold products summary (so we can go through everything sold that day and make sure it is restocked) that every employee (even a new hire) has to have security access for reports.  Giving them access to just that report gives them access of course to ALL reports.  I had an issue this summer with brand new employees wanting more money because they could see we are doing millions of dollars a year in business by running detailed financial reports they shouldn't actually have access to in the first place.  But to give them access to the 1 report they need for restocks we had to give them access to ALL reports.

Thank you so much and let me know if you need me to specify anything further.  =)

Dustin Courtright
Sunglass Shack
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline gwlong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 05:26:41 AM »
Ronald has updated the software last week with a new Shopify update per my request.  I have just went live with a 5000 item site.  This update is a txt file that just has.  sku, qty and price in the file. update your qty's in shopify as often as you require.     I'm taking this file and updating Shopify with a program from Holest  engineering that is an app on shopify.  use at your own risk  $6.99 month .  the problem I had with the main shopify download is that it could mess up my custom tags, collections, smart collections etc. that I set up.  It would overright.  Ron has made a great solution for work for us.  you're welcome to check out our website at www.golongs.com    Don't know if his solution works for you but we're a smaller operation and it works for us.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 05:43:43 AM by gwlong »

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 10:15:10 AM »
Thank you, I'm checking it out right now.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com