Author Topic: Check for update remote  (Read 8330 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Check for update remote
« on: December 11, 2017, 03:32:08 PM »
 So I was working on updating products using the remote system. I would flag the item for an update and then send it to the store that needs to be updated. At the store, I use the check for product updates button to get my updates so I can change them along with my tags. I would have to completely exit out of the program and got back in to find the updates.  It worked for about ten items then just stopped. I am wondering what would make it do this? And is there a way I can get my updates without having to completely exit out and go back in?
Thanks
Steve skamagos
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Check for update remote
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »
I have not had that experience from the Managers window.  But if you enter the Product Control from the sales screen then you need to exit the sales screen and reenter.  Or, do something else to refresh the sales screen.  The downloaded products should be immediately available/visable inside the Product Control.  What are you seeing?

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »
What I am currently seeing on the computer I send the updates with, it will say connecting, connection successful, uploading products, and products uploaded. I go to my computer that is getting updated and see nothing. I have been using reports>remote> check for product updates. When I do this I get a loading wheel for a second.  Also, I only have access to product control one the system I am sending the updates with.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »
OK, I miss understood your question.  I see that yesterday on 12/11/17 there was 21 files uploaded.  16 of them are product updates.  I can only think of it being a setup problem or a connection problem.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 06:13:12 AM »
After doing some research, I believe there is a limit of 16 active update files.  Try to limit the number of update files you send before the files are read by the stores.  Let me know if that helps.

Also, we added a message with the number of products updated/added when checking for updates at the stores.  This should let you know if anything was updated.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:15:21 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
So I have been trying to send them one or two at a time. There may have been a bunch together when I was sending a specific update I was trying get. This is when i realized i wasn't getting the updates. I tried resending the updates again today. It's only two product updates, though I am still not getting the update on the other computer. Is there anything you see on your end that's stopping me from getting them?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:36:15 AM by Courtright »
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 11:15:06 AM »
I see one update going to store 4.  It has 2 records:
ORB3471 001/13-32 Shield Gold w/ Brown Gradient
****ORB4101F 860/13 58 Wisteria Fade

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »
Yeah, those are the updates I sent but I'm still not receiving the update at that store. I have been checking every half hour or so.  I have tried exit the sales screen, exiting the whole program, trying to check for updates the manager reports menu and the reports menu on the sales screen. I am about to restart the computer to see if that does anything. This computer is plugged directly into the router so there should be no connection issues.
Edit: restart did not help
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:33:25 AM by Courtright »
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 06:54:44 AM »
I found the problem.  The file ID's started over and the stores 'think' they have already read those files.  We are looking into how to prevent this.  An update to fix this will be sent out soon.  Probably today.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »
So my older updates I sent through came in. I tried to do another round of updates but it's still not seeing them. Am I going to need to reset update history every time?
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »
Did you run the update on the main office computer and the stores?  The update should be run on all your computers.
I also noticed that some of the updates were directed to only one of the stores.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:01:44 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »
So I am able to get my product updates now. But every time i download the updates it crashes completely. If it doesn't just close it will just sit there not allowing me to do anything till i close it.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:38 PM »
Send an email to support.  This is to slow for the 20 questions i'll need to ask to figure what is going on.