Author Topic: alphabetize products  (Read 4870 times)

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
alphabetize products
« on: August 28, 2017, 05:15:58 AM »
I'm not sure I understand that when we alphabetize the products it only shows up in the sales screen?? I just got 8 pages from a beer supplier with price changes. It would be GREAT if when I bring up a supplier list of products they were alphabetized. It would save soooo much time.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: alphabetize products
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »
Your question made me look around a little, and I found something I hadn't known about.

The Product Control window has a function under Tools where you can "Alphabetize Product by Description".  Well, it doesn't seem to affect what appears in Product Control like I thought it might, but it DOES alphabetize the products in the Purchase Order window as well as the Sales window.

If you haven't used the Purchase Orders, it's a great way to order and receive items.  There are searches for which items you want to include (arranged alphabetically now), and once they're in the PO you can very easily update the Cost.  And when you "receive" the PO, you automatically add the quantities to inventory and change the Cost for each item.   

In Product Control, have you used the "Change" (or right-click on the mouse) to change a whole group of prices?  Ronald has made that extremely easy now, and by just entering your desired Margin (not mark-up), it just takes a couple clicks to edit the Retail on the entire group.  And there are other options for how you might want to change the Retail.

Anyway, the Purchase Order function has been invaluable to us, as it's cut out a LOT of tedious steps from how we used to do it.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: alphabetize products
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 11:01:24 AM »
This has been added to the Product Control window.  You can sort the list by different columns (Item#, UPC, Description, Price, Cost, Inventory, Department/Menu, Category, Vendor).  Just click on the column heading to sort by this column or to reverse the sort.  Email us a update request for version 14 owners.