Author Topic: Date format  (Read 4954 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Date format
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »
I just noticed in my newest version that the date comes up in an odd format when selecting a date range for reports:  "date, month, year". 

That's how it shows up in the Date fields, anyway.  In the lower part of the Date Selection window, it shows up more like the old way, "month/date/year".

Not that it's unreadable, it just really throws me for a loop - especially for the first 12 days of each month.

Is there a way to adjust this? 

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Date format
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:18:34 AM »
The date format is controlled by Windows.  You should select your country in the Regional & Language Options in the Windows Control Panel.  The other possibility is Windows 10 updated with an bug a couple of months ago.  The most recent update from Microsoft fixes this.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:01:13 AM »
Well, I checked the date format in Control Panel, and did change the "long date" format to "MMM D,yyyy" (short date was already "M/d/yyyy").  I rebooted, then verified in Control Panel to make sure it was changed to what I wanted.

The date format for Reports in EZP is still "d, M, yyyy" (digits only, and with commas rather than slashes). 

I seems that no other area in EZP is affected.  In Product Control, the Date is still "M/d/yyyy".  In Sales Control, the Start and End Date fields are both "M/d/yyyy", as are the search results.  In the Sales Window, all transactions show up in the "M/d/yyyy" format.

The only place I can find this odd format ("d, M, yyyy") is in the "First Day" and "Last Day" fields of the Date Selection window for reports.  It shows up this way for every single report I've tried.  And it does not show up within any of the reports.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:11:31 AM »
Well, I think you're right.  I know we just went through a period where we trying to work around a Windows 10 bug.  That may have something to do with it.  I have it checked.  In the past we always let Windows determine the currency and date formats.  But that bug in Windows we were trying to work around it.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »
I for one am getting very tired of having to fix so many things after these Windows updates! I opted out of that "fast ring" last year so I could avoid the bugs!