Author Topic: Can I upload database changes without completely overwriting entire database?  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
My store has 1,000's of sunglasses and for the start of 2016 most companies have done price hikes on existing products.  I only have my 1 POS at my store so having to make these changes there while trying to ring up customers can become a nightmare and literally take me a week or more.  I am hoping to (if it's ok) put the program on my laptop and upload the entire database so I can do this from home so I could work on it all night. 

If I go through and make all the price changes I need to the products on my laptop can I then save it and upload it to my POS system without it altering ANY inventory levels?  Just changing the prices? 

And also, if during the time I was home changing prices I received a new style at the store and we created a new product for it if I uploaded the new prices to the POS system the next day would it basically erase this newly added product from the database OR simply overwrite just the price changes to the product without affecting anything new added in in the meantime?

Hopefully that was explained clear enough.

I'm also thinking ahead since I am considering opening 2 stores and having a mobile unit I would like the ability to have a master program on my home laptop for price changes, etc and I can update all the POS Systems with the master program but not affect current inventory levels at each store or any inventory that just that 1 store might have that might not be in the Master database at all, and have the upload basically delete that one off product all together.

Thanks
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I believe you are still using the older version 13.  Use the Product Export & Import.  It will just update the changes you make and adding to inventory is a check box option.  In version 14 we have a $19.99/year that allows you to control you inventory from a home/head office.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Is there a link explaining that in full detail or can you provide the details on that home office inventory management option you just stated.

What all is entailed and offered?  Does it give me a system such as a "remote log in" or does someone have to physically upload the update from the store side?
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It is not a remote log in.  The store automatically looks for changes at set times.  You can setup inventory changes at home.  All the information is exchanged using the internet.  The stores can send the head office reports at set times and the reports can also be viewed on the internet with a browser.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
So, in order to get the $19 remote we have to buy version 14?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This feature is in version 14.  Older versions can purchase the Update to Current Version.