Author Topic: credit card swipe  (Read 8363 times)

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
credit card swipe
« on: June 21, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »
We updated to Version 13 and every so often when we swipe a credit card it freezes the whole program. So we have to close the whole program and start over. This is very time consuming and angers a lot of our customers that are waiting in line while we fix it. Is there a fix for this??

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: credit card swipe
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:55:09 AM »
What processor are you using?  What is the exact version# of your software.  Open the Help window and click on the About button.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »
Not knowing what processor you are using I can't give an exact answer but the program will wait up to 3 minutes for a reply from the processor.  There are different possibilities for the delay.  It would help to know your version #.  13.xxx?  Just 13 doesn't help very much.  And what processor.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:03 PM »
We are using 13.787 General Retail. The processor is charge it pro. It doesn't even get to the processor   It freezes instantly.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 07:25:18 AM »
I don't think it's freezing but waiting for something.  During the process of charging the card you can't do anything in the software.  So, it appears to be frozen.  How long does it take for a normal transaction?  How long do you wait when it appears frozen?  Have you ever checked to see the transaction is being charged twice?  Any other clues that may help?

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
It takes at the most  20 sec. to do a credit card transaction. When we swipe a card and it freezes it lasts more than 20 minutes - that's the longest we have waited for it to complete before shuting down the whole program and starting over.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »
From what I can see you have a single station version.  When it freezes you never see the credit card window.  The POS program doesn't do much except call the CIP program which will present the process window.  Do you ever experience internet outages?  All I can think of from our end is to add a 'abort' button.  So, you don't have to restart everything.  I'm not sure if it's possible but I'll check.  Have you noticed anything else?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 05:21:48 PM »
We're sending you an update that after 1 minutes will back out of charging the card.  Now this will work if the program did not crash and is just waiting.  Let us know what happens the next time.

Offline rjmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 10:55:57 AM »
We've had this same thing happen.  What seems to be the problem is that some people will swipe the card after hitting the "credit card" button, but BEFORE the credit card window comes up.  What happens is that the credit card window then opens BEHIND the main sales window, graying out the whole program and making it look like it's frozen. 

This most recently happened with a new employee.  I just scrolled through the open windows to find the credit card window, and all went well.  After being instructed on the timing of the credit card swipe, the issue has not happened again.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:41:19 PM »
That's good to hear.  Let me know if there's any other problem

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 10:32:30 AM »
This happens AFTER the credit card window comes up and before you are supposed to swipe the card. I know because it has happened to me.