Author Topic: EzPower crashes when exporting products  (Read 4587 times)

Offline andys

• View Profile
EzPower crashes when exporting products
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
N/W Ver 11.580
Server: Win7 Pro SP1

Lately when I try to "export products" in manager control - products - products control, on my server, Win7 pop up appears saying "POS application has stopped working" with the only option to "close the program", which I do.

I have re-booted and restarted the program but still get the error. I thought it may be a Win Explorer problem, but I have also tried the export from my #2 register (XP), but ezpower just hangs. I have also re-installed ezpower, but still have the problem.

If I open the file I tried to export, only about 1500 of the approx. 9800 products are listed.

I have not added/changed any programs on my server lately, that should interfere with this.

I have been exporting the products succesfully up till now, manipulate some data, then import the changes I have made. The last import was succesful with no errors. Could there be something in my last import causing this? One of the import fields I change regularily is the date for new or amended products, could this be a problem now even though it hasn't been in the past?

Anyone else have this problem, suggestions, solutions?

Offline andys

• View Profile
Re: EzPower crashes when exporting products
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:46:43 AM »
Solved!

Double checked the last few import text files, and found some products had an invalid date code. When I checked these items in Ezpower, the date was showing today's date and I saved them with this date. The products can now be exported without error.

I was using the "date" and "subject" fields to track the item's last invoice it was received under. I think I will start using another user field for the invoice date.