Author Topic: "Drawer Opened" says zero on Z report, although it was opened.  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
This has been arising a lot lately.  I want to track each time the drawer is opened for a no sale "to make change, etc." to help me watch for employee theft.  However, this has been happening regularly where at the end of the night I have a "no sale" drawer opening receipt that printed where it says "make change", "fix error" and things like that and I have them sign it.  So I can see they opened the drawer during the day because I have the slip, however on the Z report it says "Drawer Opened: 0"

Any ideas why it is saying zero times?  Sometimes it is correct and will say "1".  I double check to see if a "sneaky" Z report was done mid day however all of my Z reports are falling in line by number order so I don't have any missing ones.  Thanks for any ideas. =)

Dustin Courtright
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Drawer Opened" says zero on Z report, although it was opened.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 04:57:47 AM »
We checked and found you can start a z-out and cancel it but it will open the drawer.  I'm sending you an update.  Give that a try and let us know.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:44:53 AM »
Thanks, I will try that.

Also, they were definitely doing a "no sale" basic drawer opening because they were getting the printed out receipt for a drawer opening, not just starting a Z report and then canceling out of it.  I realized that trick too and was just hoping the employees would not figure it out.  Hopefully your update will solve that.  I'll try it out.

But again, they were doing a normal drawer opening, getting a receipt for it and the Z report was showing 0 drawer openings.  Perhaps if it was done and then cancelled it cancels out (resets) any previous drawer openings for the day?
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:20:36 AM »
Can all the post be transferred to the new board?

Was that meant for me?  Are you guys using a new forum board at another site?

On topic, I have been using the new upgrade you sent me and still having the same issue, but now it just says 1.  For instance, on Saturday we had 4 drawer openings to make change or correct errors, etc.  At the end of night Z Report it said "1" for number of times the drawer was opened.  It used to only say "0", not it always says "1" so I believe it is counting the Z report as a drawer opening but not actually counting the drawer openings.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com