Author Topic: Report Printing problem  (Read 7405 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Report Printing problem
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »
I have EZP v.13.511. 

I have Adobe Acrobat Standard X installed, and have been using it for quite a while to "print" my reports onto.  Lately, however, it's started printing into the thousands of pages, never stopping (until I stop it).  So I never get a pdf out of it.

I installed the latest Acrobat update, and try rebooting the computer, and keep getting the same results.  I also tried printing the reports to some other, "regular" printer, and get the same results.  So I think the problem is originating in EZP.

Again, though, I had been "printing" this way for months, with no problems at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Report Printing problem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:56:20 AM »
Do you remember making any setting changes to the software or computer?  Any software updates?  Is ezPower hung up when you print, like it's still printing?

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:35 AM »
Yes, EZ Power stays hung up as well.  Also, when I cancel the printing (close down the print windows), EZ Power stays locked up for a while, then closes.

I've done Windows updates (I run Windows 7), the Acrobat X update, but no others.  Is there an EZP update?

This used to happen on rare occassion, but a reboot would take care of it.

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »
Do you ever print to a printer?  Any problems with that?  Have you checked with Adobe?  It sounds like a driver issue but I don't know for sure.  The software sends the text to the driver the same, no mater what kind of driver it is.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »
The same thing DOES happen when printing to a printer.  I tried that right away (or my clerk did) and it went through the couple hundred sheets that were in the printer - and wanted more!

I can still save the reports that come out in .txt format - just not the ones that only go straight to printer.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 04:56:27 AM »
From ezPower go to the Managers window and use the File / Choose Receipt Printer.  Select the correct dirver.  Click OK and select "Roll Receipt" and "Print All Item".  You can also try reinstalling the print drivers.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »
But if I have a Star printer connected to print receipts, don't I need to have the driver for the Star printer chosen in the "file/choose receipt printer" settings?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 05:50:59 AM »
Yes

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 09:04:35 AM »
Since the problem has been occuring, I've connected a second terminal using the EZP network version I have (the problem was going on prior to this).  I have Acrobat X standard on both of them, and it works fine on the second terminal.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled it on the main (server, now) terminal, and it still goes into those infinite pages for printing.

Both pc's are running Windows 7 and Acrobat X standard, and I have all the printer settings the same on each.  In the main pc, I can create pdf's from .txt files with Acrobat, just not from within EZP.

It seems, though, that I can just use the networked pc for these reports.