Author Topic: When I click an item for 1st sale, it opens "Product Edit - Settings"???  (Read 7616 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
So, upon starting the software I go into Sales and if I touch my screen or click my mouse on a product I am trying to sell (ie.: a pair of sunglasses) it open up the "Product Edit - Settings" window instead of adding the item to the sale.  After it does this the first time and I exit the "Product Edit - Settings" window it will not do it again and from then on when I push the icon for a sunglass sale, it will add it to the order like it is supposed to.  This error only occurs for the first sale being made and it occurs every time.  Any way to fix this bug?  Thank you.

By the way, I absolutely love this product and your support.  I actually informed a high school friend to purchase a system from you just a few weeks back (Coach's Pizza in Waverly, NY) because I liked it so much! Thanks =)
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks.  That edit function only works if you click on a product button while holding down the Ctrl key.  I don't know why the control key flag is active.  If you quit the program and start it again (don't restart the computer) will it happen again?

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
It happens every time with the first ring up, and only the first ring up.  I will try and check a few things and perhaps make sure the ctrl key is not sticking, but if it was it should do it with each click then.  But it only does it the first time.  It's like a weird glitch.

Dustin Courtright
Sunglass Shack
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
I have messed around with a few things, tried a different keyboard even and restarted the computer and program.  It still does it every single time.  With the first sale it is like I am holding ctrl+click, it goes to the "edit product" screen.  I click out of that screen and redo it and then it works like normal.  But goes to the edit product screen every time the first time. 

Sincerely,
stumped   :-\
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
One quick fix would be to disable that feature but you would not be able to use it.  Also, I'm going to see if the control key flag can be cleared by our software.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm sending you an update that reads the control key at start up to see if that clears it.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Thanks, got that update.  I don't think I would ever use the ctrl+click feature in the sales window to change a product.  It's handy but I've gotten used to going to Product Control.  So if I want to turn that feature off of ctrl+click from the sales window, you're saying that is possible?

If the update does not resolve this situation, how can I disable that feature?  Thank you.

Dustin
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We would have to disable it.  Let me know if the update didn't help.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
I think the update did the trick!!!

I've tried it twice now and it is working how it should.  It always acted as ctrl+click on first sale but seems to be working fine now.  Thank you.  :D
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com