Author Topic: Voiding Items does not return it to stock  (Read 9885 times)

Offline gb

• View Profile
Voiding Items does not return it to stock
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:22:27 AM »
When we void items that are 'built from parts', it does not return the stock. For example a glass of wine from a bottle of wine. Stuff that is not built from parts returns stock fine...?

Offline gb

• View Profile
Duplicating items takes of too much stock
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:25:07 AM »
When we duplicate an item that is 'built from parts', it deducts too much stock... How do we fix this?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Voiding Items does not return it to stock
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 05:12:11 AM »
I tested the "Void This Sale" and everything was returned to stock.  You must be doing something differnet.

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:08:54 AM »
Hi Ronald,

Say we have a bottle of wine. I can sell parts of it (ie. glasses of wine) or a full bottle. So when I duplicate a glass of wine built from parts of the wine bottle, it takes off too much stock from the wine bottle.

When I void this item that I duplicated (2 x glass of wine for example), it does not return the stock to the wine bottle that it also took too much stock off of.

This is not a problem when I do not duplicate items. However we have been operating like this for some time. The staff is used to duplicating items on bills, when it warrants it. This must explain stock irregularities with items built from parts that were duplicated or even voided?

So I suggest you try the following on your side and see for yourself:
Create a bottle of wine product
Create a glass of wine product and build it from parts (bottle of wine) - 0.25

Ring up a glass of wine duplicate it, send order, go back in and check in product control the amount of stock deducted from the bottle of wine...

Thanks,
Sarah

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:58:01 AM »
OK, I'm in the office and thinking clearly.  First, don't use the build from parts for this type of product.  Use the "Define Product & Bulk Supply" from the Product Control / Tools menu.  I will look at the build from parts to see what needs fixing.

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »
Can you please clarify? I can get 4 glasses out of one bottle of wine... Do I use the portion section? I have already created the glass product from the bottle product? Should that be deleted? And this created in the 'Portion' section... What about shooters that use more than one 'ingredient'...?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »
Open the Define Product & Bulk Supply.
Enter the Bulk item#.
Enter the Portion information.

Offline moresby

• View Profile
    • Moresby Hall
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 03:25:00 AM »
The bulk portion control may work with like for like items, but when you are making a drink (Rum & Coke) you need it to take a few portions out of different stock items.  I have not managed to get my head arround it yet.
Vodka & Coke
Vodka & Lemonade
Vodka & Diet Coke
Vodka & ???

Whats the best way to deal with this type of situation and does the duplicate line work OK?

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
So when I create products that have more than 1 ingredient I must use Define Product & Bulk Supply and not 'Build from Parts' in 'Functions'?

And it will stop taking off too much of the 'parts' when duplicating items on a customers bill?

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
That did not work, now I no longer have the product in the menu but only the parts of it... How can I undo this?

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 05:34:59 AM »
Nevermind, I had to delete the product originally made from parts and then readded it. I have the same problem with duplicating items, it takes off too much stock!

Also when I void items, ie, mistakenly wrong up the wrong product, build from parts, it DOES NOT return the deleted items built from parts.

I start with 10 cokes, 10 brandy's
I ring up a dbl brandy and coke.
Now the stock reads:
9 cokes
8 brandy's
I void it.
I still have:
9 cokes
8 brandy's
....?