Author Topic: Printing Modifiers  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Darren

• View Profile
Printing Modifiers
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:59:46 PM »
Hi Ronald,

I have come across another problem now. I have set up the system to print modifiers. I works fine when I sell certain items. However when I use build from parts, it shows me the modifier options, but does not print them. I have checked the relevant boxes but can not get it to do what I want. When I manage to get it to print, it prints all the parts and modifiers, instead of just the modifier. For example we sell a chicken burger. This is made up of parts bread roll and chicken breast. This asks for a modifier of which sauce you would like with it, and prints perfectly. We have another option where one can buy a chicken burger meal. This is made up of parts, chicken burger, chips, salad and juice. In order for me to get the system to print the sauce, it also has to print all of the parts, bread roll, chicken breast etc which I obviously dont want. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Darren

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Printing Modifiers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 05:58:35 AM »
In the Printer Options check the box "Print Modifiers".
It should not ever print a modifier of a product that does not print.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:47:30 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline Darren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 05:29:18 AM »
Thank Ronald. I did manage by making an additional stock item, and then creating a sellable service item. For example 1/4 chicken stock item, and then 1/4 chicken sellable item, with the original 1/4 chicken in the build kit in order to control stock,then I attach a modifier to the sellable item. Then I can build others, for example Half Chicken using 2 quarters in the build, that wont be printed, but I can modify the half on its own. Does that make sense? Anyway it works, thanks. 

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:48:53 AM »
Wow, I'm glad you got it working the way you want.  That was hard to follow :o