Author Topic: Something that would be very useful to have  (Read 6778 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Something that would be very useful to have
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:51:49 AM »
Hello, I know there is an option to make employees log in before each sale but it would be great to be able to go to the Product Edit Window, and just the way you have numerous boxes you can check for various functions, it would be great to have an option that says "Make employee log in to sell."

The reason for this is let's say we well 1,000 different items in our store.  Well 20 of those are commission earning sales and 980 of them are not.  So to have them log in for every sale is not needed, however they have to remember to log in for their commission earning sales.  And if they forget it can be a pain to adjust the sale so they get credit for their commission.  I've had it change the date of the sale to the current date when I am trying to edit a sale from a previous date, thus affecting that days numbers.

That would be a tremendous help if at all possible, therefore we can select for which item an employee must log in for in order to sell.  I have tried "requires password to sell" in the product edit window however it never asks us for any sort of log in or password.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Something that would be very useful to have
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
The Requires Password has a p/w level setting in the Security window.  You set the level of the required p/w in order to sell this product. The Security must be on for this function.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:25:40 AM »
Ahhh, I had that security for require a password to sell an item set to zero.  It is now working correctly however it doesn't address my initial question still.

It simply requires an employee to enter their password in order to sell the item however it does not log them in for the sale.  The log in still says "Staff" and not the employees name.  If you could make it so that it would actually log them in for the sale it would be ideal.  Thus the sale can be tracked back to which employee did the sale (for security reasons, let's say someone grossly decreased the price of an object) or in my case it would log them in for the sale so they could get commission for that sale. 

If it is at all possible that small change would help IMMENSELY, both for security and commission tracking.

Thanks for any insight. =)
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:47:58 AM »
Ronald, would that be a possibility?  Having a function that doesn't say "requires password to sell" but to also have one that says "must log in to sell"?  This way it can track commission for just a handful of items as well as track who is selling what, in case you have for instance a $1,000 item that gets price reduced to $100.  You can see which employee is responsible.  If it all possible I know it would not only benefit myself but nearly any retailer out there working with commission sales.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 07:41:01 AM »
I would suggest putting a message like "Staff must log-in" in the Prompt Msg field of those products.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 07:19:38 AM »
Smart idea!  Thanks. =)
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
We've been using the "must log in for each sale" for a few months now.  I've been surprised at the ease of using it, and the acceptance of it by the employees.  And when I'm trying to figure out something after the fact, it's great to know who was really involved. 

I'd recommend just changing over to that.

Bob