Author Topic: Audio feedback when receiving stock  (Read 5655 times)

Offline Lee

• View Profile
Audio feedback when receiving stock
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:55:12 AM »
This is a small matter, but it would be nice....

While receiving stock, under Products/Adjust Stock, I hear a pleasant little "Ding" when the scanner has understood the bar code and received one unit (in one-per-scan mode). 

Sadly, the computer makes the same happy little sound when it scans a UPC that is not in the database because it is a new product.

What would be nice would be to have the ability to modify the audio files so that an unrecognized or new UPC made an unpleasant sound, or say "Unrecognized Code" or something.

I know that the terminology can be modified, would it be difficult to allow for the modification of the sound files (that is, if the ability isn't already there someplace and I just haven't found it).  If the software just invokes a sound file I could re-name a more desirable sound-bite to that file name; but I'm guessing that the software invokes the same file whether the UPC is valid or not.

Thanks Ronald,
Lee
Hyampom General Store
ezPower POS Network Ver13.701 - General Retail - Win7 - Bematech MP-4000TH Printer

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio feedback when receiving stock
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 06:25:13 AM »
Yes, we have gone to sound files for just that reason.  The older versions did not use sound files.  It used to be simple to use the standard sounds in Windows.  But with so many sound options that's not the case anymore.