Author Topic: How to void a credit card sale  (Read 9113 times)

Offline thecaptive

• View Profile
How to void a credit card sale
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:45:49 AM »
Ronald,
Got everything set up with Mercury and made a test sale with my credit card.  Everything went through fine with Mercury, when I went to void the sale and refund payment, nothing.  In the past with PC Charge and older version everything was returned to inventory and credit card refunded and a receipt was printed.  When I went to check to see IF the sale was voided (in Z report) it showed there was a credit card sale over double the amount of the sale (sale $10.71 - report $21.43). I can't use this until I know that I would be able to refund amount to customer.

Mercury said there was nothing they could do and that it was an issue with the POS. What is happening and what can I do to fix this, really would like to take cards again.

Second, drawer not opening.

Third, I am unable to see the sales monitor on the server.  I can see the Activity Log and Time Clock but that's it.  My network guy couldn't find any reason for why it wouldn't work, seeing I am getting some info that it live.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to void a credit card sale
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:01:52 AM »
When voiding a sale you should get warning window and then a black window will open to process the void.  After the black window goes away the sale should show zero and all the products returned to inventory.

Suggestion: Payment Methods window only check Credit Card and/or Debit Card.  Do not check Visa, MC ....

I talked to you about the drawer.  I don't know why it's not opening.  The only settings you need are:
1 - Settings / Printer & Equipment, Drawer: Open Connect to Printer
2 - Payment Methods window: Check boxes under Open Drawer
Do you hear clicking?  Like it's trying to open?

The Sales Monitor window will not open at all, it's all empty and big hand slaps you?  Please explain.

Offline thecaptive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »
Thanks Ronald,

I went and check the boxes that were checked (credit cards, check card, visa etc) and fixed that.  Then I tried a credit card sale, again the sale went through but the void didn't happen as you described.  I got the warning box but no black box.  When I went and checked the z report to see what was listed, the credit card sale was still there and there was a cash sale of $35.50 (don't know where that one came from.  I'm the only one here so nothing has been sold.

Offline thecaptive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »
The sales monitor opens but there daily sales don't show.  Also, I am quicker than the big hand.

Offline thecaptive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 10:41:07 AM »
Monitor works now, so is the drawer.  Now it's just the credit cards.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
What did you do for the cash drawer?
I sent you the very latest version that I use and voids go through no problem.  Just run the update and let me know.  FYI - I only read the forum once or twice a day.  I get my emails all the time. - Ronald