Author Topic: How to create Kit with products from different tax?  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Klaus

• View Profile
How to create Kit with products from different tax?
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:13:38 AM »
Hi!

In Norway we have different tax on food products and other products.  Food are taxed with 14% and regular products are taxed with 25%

We sell waffle cookies, and tin or porcelain jars to hold the cookies...

We also have a kit with 10 waffle cookies and a jar to hold them...

How can I make a product using the 10 waffles at 14% tax and the 1 jar at 25% tax?  Is this possible?
When making a "kit" product, I have the choice of tax to use, but I can't make the kit use the tax-rates of the products its using..
So I'm forced to use a single tax allthough the two parts of the kit has different tax rates..  Any solution?

Best regards,

Klaus.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to create Kit with products from different tax?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:34:42 AM »
With the kits, each product is taxed based on it's tax setting.

Offline Klaus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply.. but...

Let me give an example..

I have one product registered with a tax rate of 14% at a price of 40,-
and one product registered with a tax rate of 25% at a price of 50,-

I'd like to make a button with a product consisting of product 1 and product 2, but the tax-rate must be right on both products in the kit..

If I make a kit, and use "build from parts" I have to select a tax on the kit, either no tax, tax one, tax two, tax one&two and so on..
If I select calculate price from parts, it still uses the tax choice from the main product window...
Using tax one&two, it actually adds tax one and two, making it... alot.

What I want, is to make the kit use tax one for the first product in the kit, and tax two for the second product in the kit..

Is this possible?  Walkthrough anyone? :-)

Thanks!

Offline Klaus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:28:55 PM »
Figured it out...

You have to select no tax, and uncheck "Parts have no price" and "Parts have no price and is not listed on receipt", and check the rest in "Build from parts"..

The only drawback here, is that the price is not automotically listed on the button... if you include it in the name.. its at least a workaround...

Klaus.