Author Topic: "Find Products Sold" Function  (Read 10647 times)

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
"Find Products Sold" Function
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:40:28 AM »
Hi Ron,
  We really love this function button and use it often. We have recently noticed that it only looks back at the most recent sales invoices. Is there any way you can make it look back to all the sales invoices from whenever the product was first sold. This would be extremely useful. Please advise.
Thank you!!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Find Products Sold" Function
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »
It's a matter of speed.  The farther back it looks the longer it takes.  You can also use the Sales / Sales Control to find all sales.  I'll check to see if a deep search option is possible.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:51:17 PM by ronaldrwl »

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »
Yes, we did try to use the sales control screen, but it only gives a list of all the sales that particular item was sold in, and than we would have to click and open each individual sale to find that single item and to see how many were sold in that sale. It really isnt practical to try and find "sold history" for a particular item. I would imagine most people would want to be able to check the sales of any particular item and this function was perfect for that, until i seen it was just a rolling window of recent sales. Our computers gave an instant response when we used that function, so im sure it wouldnt "freeze" when looking back to the inception of that particular product in to inventory. Please, make this change if possible....... :)

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »
I'm confused by your description of the Sales / Sales Control window.  It will find a sale by all kinds of methods.  Not just by a product.

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 05:53:38 PM »
yes, i am aware of the many different search features of the sales control window, but the topic here is trying to find the sales history of a particular product number. The "find product sold" button achieves this but only looks back in a short limited time frame. We are trying to look back farther than just 4 weeks(which is as far back as we can see with the find product sold function). I would imagine any business in the world would want to see the sales history of any particular product, and we want to see the complete sales history of any chosen product. You suggested to use the sales control screen, We tried that today, but when you put the product number in, and lets say want to search back for the last 12 months, it will return many sales ticket numbers that contained the sale of that particular product, we would than have to click on each sale to open it, and look for the product. This is beyond feasible as sometimes it will return 1oo's of sales that that item was sold on. Ron, can you just correct the software to give you the ability  to look back farther  than just the most recent sales tickets when using "fine product sold" function? I think your entire user base would benefit from this.

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »
just a note...the exact function key is called "FIND SOLD ITEM" (not "find products sold")

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 06:39:25 AM »
OK, that's a different function than I was looking at.  I'll check the "FIND SOLD ITEM" function to see how it works.  What is your business name.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:53:31 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
Thanks so much Ron. Sorry about the confusion on the actual function name.

Laird Stationery

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:34 AM »
The search is done on the last 2000 sales.  A new button was added to Search All sales.  This update was sent to you.

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 07:48:13 AM »
Ron,
  Received the update and this was exactly what i was talking about. You are awesome!!!

Offline robertnj63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37:10 AM »
Ron,
  Just as a thought...to add to the wishlist. It would be nice to be able to run this as a report through the sales control window giving you the option to uncheck the last 2000 and to choose a custom date (which you have already). For now, this update you sent works fine.....

2 months in to EZpower without a hiccup and have processed over 5000 sales! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!