Author Topic: bulk and portion adding costs  (Read 10020 times)

Offline frank

• View Profile
bulk and portion adding costs
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »
I am using the  bulk and portion option. we have 2 prices. Retail and price 4. Price 4 is for members. When you  sell a portion then put in the customer name it seems to add  costs to it. If you then add a second portion it seems to correct itself. Bottle of wine and glass of wine. 4 glasses in a bottle. Retail, £2.40. price 4, £2.20. when you add the glass to the sale it comes in at 2.40. then pick customer. Price is now set at £4.25 instead of £2.20. add a second glass and it now corrects itself to £4.40. if you pick the customer first it seems to work out ok. any suggestions or do we have to add customer first?. It works ok with all single products. Only ones that have parts or bulk

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: bulk and portion adding costs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:13:25 AM »
My testing worked.  Here is what I did.

1 - create a bulk and portion products.
2 - edit the products to add a 2nd price level (use prices 1 & 2)
3 - start a new sale and add the portion.
4 - select a price level #2 customer and it will prompt you with warning that the prices are being changed to price#2.

The prices changed correctly.  Make sure to put in price #2 for the bulk and portion.  Also, you can change the name of the second price level to anything you want.

Offline frank

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »
sorry for sounding thick, but  i cant find price 1 and 2. are they pre set as retail and wholesale?. if so, i have tried what you suggested but it still didnt work
HELP!. perhaps i missed something out. we also sell whole bottles. retail £9.00 price 4 £8.20. just tried again with what you suggested and adding the bottle price seems to cause the problem
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:57:49 AM by frank »

Offline frank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:56:10 AM »
ive solved it. but it may be a work around. i created a seperate bulk for the whole bottle and a portion that takes 1 bottle from the bulk and used the seperate bulk for stock. hope that makes sense

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
I'm not sure I understand your last post.  You can change the name of the 6 prices using the Sales / Discount window.  The bulk and portion wizard make it easy.  Just add a second price in the edit window.  You don't need to do anything else.  Just follow my 4 steps listed above.

Offline frank

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 11:01:20 AM »
if you put a price in the bulk price it seems to confuse it. i will send you screen shots of what im doing if you want
heres what i am doing.
1 click new product then bulk
2 add new bulk details including price and then new portion details including price and number of parts
ie bottle of wine £9.00. Glass of wine 2.40 for the portion and then put 4 in the portions in bulk
3. product edit and add a second price now for customers. £8.80 and £2.20

when you sell a portion of the bulk ( glass of wine) then pick customer it almost doubles the price then add a second portion and it corrects it self.

your method works if you dont put the bulk price (£9.00) in the bulk and portin screen

sorry if im going on about this. ive sent you some screen shots
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:18:01 AM by frank »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »
We have an update to address this problem.  We've sent it to your original email address.

Offline jules22_22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »
I have the same problem.
I posted here http://www.denverresearch.com/forum2/index.php?topic=432.0
can you send me an update?

Net Caffe Telecom
Version 11 Network.
Thank You

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »
That post is not about the same topic.  The problem that was fixed was conserning Bulk and Portion wholesale pricing.  The problem only came up when using price levels 2-6.