Author Topic: Processing checks.  (Read 7760 times)

Offline Lee

• View Profile
Processing checks.
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »
I have an ongoing problem that is a huge headache but should be an easy programming fix.

The situation occurs when a customer wishes to use a check that is over the amount of purchase.  Grab a calculator, enter the amount of check, subtract the amount of purchase, select "cash back" on the sales screen, enter the amount from the calculator, verify that the total equals the check.

Why is this so unnecessarily complicated?

Why not allow me to select "check" from the payment options and have that pull up a window that gives me the option of selecting "exact amount" or entering the amount of the check and letting the software calculate the change?

In our little store in the mountains people receive checks from many sources which we accept.  Perhaps one in five is for the exact amount.  The rest of the time the check is a government check or a personal check from a third party and they are never for the exact amount.

Thanks,
Lee
Hyampom General Store
ezPower POS Network Ver13.701 - General Retail - Win7 - Bematech MP-4000TH Printer

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Processing checks.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 07:38:57 AM »
There is a calculator in the payment window.
The only problem is many business do not allow cash back on checks.

Offline Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
When a sale is ready to be paid and I select "Finish" the software displays a "Pay Method" window.  This wind has the subtotal, tax, total, and balance on the right hand side, a number of payment type buttons, and, at the bottom, a "Handling" and a "Cash Back" button and a small blank field the function of which I have never investigated (but it isn't a calculator - I did try that).

If one selects "Cash Back" one gets a simple field to be filled in. 
If one selects the "Cheque" button the check is assumed to be for the exact amount of purchase.

Perhaps the calculator to which you refer is not, in fact, in my version.

Apparently my problem is that we DO allow for cash back on checks. 
Hyampom General Store
ezPower POS Network Ver13.701 - General Retail - Win7 - Bematech MP-4000TH Printer

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
I checked and you are a few years back with version#10 and it did not have the calculator.