Author Topic: what to do when items are not scanning  (Read 7644 times)

Offline twix

• View Profile
what to do when items are not scanning
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
Hi again,

I'm currently using ezPower General Retail. I've keyed in all the items and the sales has started.

Some items however were missed out and are not scanning. We only found out when the customer is about to pay for it. what'st he fastest way to enter the price just to complete the sales without actually having to add the item and its description? Can it be categorise according to its department?

For example, I know that we're selling a coke can for $1.00 but it's not scanning. can i just enter the actual price as $1.00 and enter it under "Drinks" department which has already been created? how can i do this?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: what to do when items are not scanning
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 05:21:09 AM »
1) If an item is not scanning open the item in the Product Edit window and scan the barcode into the UPC field.  Click Save.

2) Turn on the Quick Add option in the Settings / General.  This will allow you to add an item into the database quickly.  Just enter a price, description... whatever you want quickly.  It will open Quick Add window when you scan an item and it's not found int he database.

Offline twix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »
Hi Again,

Is there any faster way to do this? Is it possible to enter the price in directly? If a few items are not scanning in a single invoice we'll be keeping the customers in the queue for a long time.

Thanks

Offline vishal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:23:28 PM »
You can create one generic item called “Miscellaneous Item” or “Clearance Item” or any other name you want and check the box “Price Prompt” and or “Description Prompt” under Option tab. Now when you found the item that’s not in your database just call the miscellaneous item it will ask you for the price and or description fill those fields quickly. Now once the customers are gone go back and enter that item in your database. I don’t see any other faster way than this. Hope this will help.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:38:45 PM by vishal »

Offline toyandgift

• View Profile
    • www.toyandgift.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:21:02 AM »
I have set up some Miscellaneous products given them an item number to represent price ie item number 100 = Miscellaneous product costing £1.00      199 = Miscellaneous product costing £1.99   then in a hurry or for the small items with no barcodes you just tap in the 199 press Rtn and hay presto just like the old till it works.