Author Topic: Problems with Inventory Accuracy  (Read 34156 times)

Offline gb

• View Profile
Re: Problems with Inventory Accuracy
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 05:36:37 AM »
Hi Ron,

I have been doing stock takes on a regular basis and checking it against the system. I had for example 34 Smirnoff Storms on Friday, sold 2 on Saturday and they were rung up. The system however tells me I have 33 in hand, human stock take says I have 32 in hand. So the system is not deducting stock although is showing it in the sales for Saturday... Now this was not an edited sale or invoice. Simply rung up. I am also having issues with tabs simply disappearing. Cannot be found at all, but it has done the stock accordingly. Will version 13 fix this problem?

Sarah
Green Barn

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 07:11:01 AM »
Did you run the version 13 update sent out in Jan 2011?  As far as I know there are no issues with stock.  This does sound like one of the problems that was fixed.  Where it was possible a sale (tab) was lost.  Rare but once in a while it could happen.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:38:06 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
I have lost whole sales tabs before, gone - never to be seen again and the stock still goes off, which i found odd. But in this case the sales are both there I can go back and find them and print them out... so I am concerned, I have yet to upgrade the software to version 13. This will sort out the problem of losing sales tabs and stock?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 06:12:24 AM »
Why didn't you run the update?  Always run the updates.  Our system sent everone an update.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:16:25 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
Hi Ronald,

I have not run the update because I have been terribly busy, but also because you say: From version 12 to 13 everything should transfer except the settings... This is not re-assuring to me. I need time to do an update and will try it this coming Monday, but am still worried because you also said: Try doing it in the Free demo.  Use the Sales Control / File / Sales Export. Why does any info get 'lost' or not transferred on the update? I do not have a demo version or an extra machine to do any testing on. Maybe a setp-by-step tutorial on upgrading from version x to version 13 would be a good idea?

Sarah
Green Barn