Author Topic: stock update  (Read 11590 times)

Offline gb

• View Profile
stock update
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:59:23 AM »
after doing a stock take, we would like to do a stock update and view descrepancies in selling of the previous stock... I have tried in vain to adjust the stock without any luck, please help

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: stock update
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:49:38 AM »
Open the Products / Stock Adjust window.
Enter or scan the stock to be counted.  This will generate a stock list in the window.
After the stock has been counted press the Stock Correction button.  This will set the stock quantity to the counted amount and record any lost stock.

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 06:46:39 AM »
Hi ronaldrwl,

I will try this, can you tell me where I can get the report of stock differences. Does it record when I have adjusted / corrected stock (Date and Difference)?

thanks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
The report is Inventory / Shortages

Offline Fitzy

• View Profile
    • That Bargain Place
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »
I'm just about to do this and just wondering what happens when (without realising it) you again scan an already scanned (and counted) item. I imagine that it will refer again to the database rather than bring up where it already appears in the list?

Ummm . . . I guess I could test this rather than ask the question. :o)

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 06:41:09 AM »
When you scan the same item twice it increments the count.  Each scan is adding one to the count.

Offline Fitzy

• View Profile
    • That Bargain Place
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
Thanks Ronald.
I'll have the one "scan = 1 count" unchecked (as it's easier to scan once
and manually alter the count to suit). But I see that it will still refer to the new list
and present it for amendment (of the previous scan). Great! :)

Offline gb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:08:03 AM »
I am trying in vain to adjust the stock. I do not have a scanner on the system... So I take the '1 per scan' checkbox off and enter the amount of stock adjustment. Say it is '1' currently, I want too add 9 to that, so that it will show that I have 10 items in stock.

So I enter '9', then click on 'Stock Correction', then click 'OK' on the 'Change all listed products to counted quantity?', then... click 'OK' on 'Send lost inventory to Shortage file?' and I don't print the change report.

When I view the product after all of this, there is no change, the product quantity still is '1'??????

Please help, I cannot gauge stock shortages / excesses if this is not working?

Offline Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »
On my system the scanner adds the "enter" function after reading the scanned data.

Try this: Enter the quantity, PRESS ENTER, then select stock correction and ok.

Just trying to help.
Hyampom General Store
ezPower POS Network Ver13.701 - General Retail - Win7 - Bematech MP-4000TH Printer

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 08:47:35 AM »
I am trying in vain to adjust the stock. I do not have a scanner on the system... So I take the '1 per scan' checkbox off and enter the amount of stock adjustment. Say it is '1' currently, I want too add 9 to that, so that it will show that I have 10 items in stock.

So I enter '9', then click on 'Stock Correction', then click 'OK' on the 'Change all listed products to counted quantity?', then... click 'OK' on 'Send lost inventory to Shortage file?' and I don't print the change report.

When I view the product after all of this, there is no change, the product quantity still is '1'??????

Please help, I cannot gauge stock shortages / excesses if this is not working?

After you have created a list of product use the "Add Stock From List" to add stock.  The Stock Correction is for counting your stock and making corrections up or down.  For example if you count 3 items the "Stock Correction" will set the stock to 3, not add 3.

Offline Ches

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 11:01:20 AM »
I'm also having one heck of a time with this too. I have a product which shows 2 in stock. I only have ONE. So when I enter -1 to the add box, then add the -1 and then hit the stock correction it remains 2 in the inventory.. How do we lower the number?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »
Use the Stock Correction button if you are counting all the items.  Use the Add Stock if you are adding stock.