Author Topic: Cash Drawer - ?same settings? different actions Server and Slave  (Read 3662 times)

Offline JohnBlyth

• View Profile
I have recently bought a new cash drawer as our old one had died (along with its opener) some time ago before we changed to the Server version, but I didn't setup specifically a drawer when I upgraded to the Server version.

I have a strange problem, in that I get two different actions between the Server and the Slave when I connect the same drawer to one or the other. I am using a DT-100U USB device to open the drawer.

On the Server, the drawer opens nicely when pressing the "Drawer Open" icon, but when I do a Z-Out, I get a comm port error.

Conversely, on the Slave, the drawer doesn't open with the "Drawer Open" icon, but does when I open the Z-Out dialogue.

I have checked the settings of both computers, but I can't for the life of me find why this is happening, as the settings seem identical.

Obviously, I have missed something. Any ideas?

Many thanks
John on Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:23:20 AM by JohnBlyth »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cash Drawer - ?same settings? different actions Server and Slave
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 06:56:57 AM »
Do both the computers have the same usb device?
I show you have the single computer version?
The "File / Open Drawer", Open Drawer button, z-out all use the same code to open the drawer.

Offline JohnBlyth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 02:53:25 PM »
Thanks Ronaldrwl,

I was using the same  DT-100U USB device on both PCs as a test and with two separate cash drawers, but with the comm port number set appropriately on each PC. As an aside, with this device, do I still need to use the serialsend applet, or is the device itself generating the code pulse? I presume it is the later?????

I upgraded to the Server version on the 16th of February this year - Transaction ID 06J498726E797993C.

(EDIT:- I have two Ez Powers in my name. One SINGLE for the Golf Club. One SERVER for the Yacht Club ;-)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 07:12:46 PM by JohnBlyth »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 05:05:57 AM »
One issue that I didn't see at first is a drawer can Not be connected directly to a USB port in almost all cases.  It must be a serial port.  I've seen serial port emulations work and many not work.  The software is writing directly to the COM port and it will not work if it's configured as a USB port.  To use a USB port the drawer must be connected to the printer and the printer is connected to the USB port.  This is the standard connection method.  In the Settings / Printer & Equipment what setting are you using?  The USB setting is for a special M-S cashdrawer.  The standard open method is "Open connected to Printer".  This has the drawer connected to the printer.

Offline JohnBlyth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 05:32:50 AM »
Thanks for the additional information. The DT-100U USB works as a virtual Com Port via USB. One issue I came across in the past day is the preset com port in Windows Device Manager had changed itself from Com Port 6 to 1. It seems to work reliably with sales, and I will check if I am still getting  com port error with a Z-Out.

I will research further with the second till early next week and advise...