Author Topic: Random Asterisk's in Category Names After Upgrade To Network Version 14.853  (Read 4005 times)

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
Upgraded to Network Version 14.853 and now have Random Asterisk's in some, but not all Category Names that are not actually shown in the category names list. They appear to be some kind of phantom or artifact that I cannot edit out or see in the category names list.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean.  There are many ways to interpret your post.
The categories with the '*' are not shown in the Products / Category list?
Or, the asterisk are not shown in the list.
I would open Product Control.  List all the products in one category and replace the category using the "Change All" field and menu.
Let me know.

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
In the Sales window, categories (list on the left side) some displayed as example: Accessories *.
There is no asterisk in the list for setting up and naming the categories.
Tried list all products and change all with no success. Also created a new category "Accessory" and did list all and change all to the new category and the asterisk was there in the new category when opened in the sales window.
Odd thing though...when I first created the new Accessory category, it did not show in the sales window until I created a mock product in that category, then the category showed up without Asterisk. After list/change all this new category, Asterisk appeared again.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Categories only show up if they are used by a product.

* Answer *
The '*' after a category description in the sales window indicates there are more products in this category than can fit on the screen at once.  To see the rest of the products press the category button a 2nd, 3rd.... time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:06:09 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
Ah Ha!
That explains it!
Thank you.