Author Topic: Is there a way to only sell a Product 1 time per transaction? (Coupons)  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
If I create a coupon for 20% off a sales associate can hit the button 10 times in a row, thus multiplying the coupon and getting the product for FREE, big L&P issue.  Is it possible to make it so a coupon can only be applied once per transaction? I've checked the Products options and can't see a way.

I know there are 2 discount buttons however we would need MANY for all the various discounts employees need to say in order to close a sale. A customer might be walking and they have to offer them 10% off and tax free to buy.

• "Tax Reimbursement" 6% back
  • 10% Military Discount
  • 15% OFF
  • 10% Military + Tax Reimbursement (16% OFF)
  • 20% OFF
  • 30% OFF
  • 40% OFF
  • 50% OFF
I've had to give sales associates the ability to "Change Prices" in Security Settings so they can go to "Item Tools" > "Discount Percent" and apply the discounts that way.  However this Summer at my stores I found and fired an employee making products 100% off and just taking inventory.  Having multiple Discount buttons would solve this but is there another current way to do this without allowing employees to make a $1,500 product FREE using "Discount Percent", "Price Changes" or a sellable Product Coupon hit multiple times?

Thanks for the insight!
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to only sell a Product 1 time per transaction? (Coupons)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 06:23:55 AM »
You can use the "Price Prompt" Option to prompt the cashier to enter the Discount%.  Or, just create a coupon for each discount you offer.  Item# could be CP10, CP15, CP20...
Tell your employees they will be fired and prosecuted if the steal.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 06:26:42 AM »
Using Price Prompt wouldn't work for us, because again when brand new product comes in that managers need to create the product in the POS they're only allowed access to Quick Add and can't set that.  Besides, would using Price Prompt be any different than just allowing sales associates security settings to change the price and discount in Item Tools?  I mean with either option they have the ability to set the price to $0.

Could I please pay you to add more product discount buttons we could add to our toolbar?  we already have 2 available for us, I wouldn't imaging allowing a user up to 10 wouldn't be much harder.  Is that something I can please pay for?  It would solve ALL my problems of employees being able to put a price to $0 (which has already happened more than once). And the coupon function doesn't work because they can just stack it continuously on a sale until the product is free.

**NOT the current 2 discounts that apply a discount to the overall sale, but instead having 10 discount options for the "Product %" discounts (for individual products).

If so, how much would this cost?
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 08:40:05 AM »
It's possible to add 2 more Item Discount buttons.  I'll forward you the details by email.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »
It's possible to add 2 more Item Discount buttons.  I'll forward you the details by email.
I don't believe I ever got this e-mail.  I did send an e-mail about paying for I think 3 things of custom work.  Just let me know, thank you.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com