Author Topic: Dsicounts based on category sales.  (Read 4837 times)

Offline GRCBar

• View Profile
Dsicounts based on category sales.
« on: September 06, 2019, 01:15:12 PM »
I am having trouble wrapping my head around this, so I do not know if it is possible.

We want to give customers a discount for a particular category of items based on the sales of another category (or menu) of items.

Base example: $1 discount for category B for every $10.00 of sales in category B (or menu A, as there are multiple categories involved.)

We want to give our customers a dollar off their cigar sales for every ten dollars they buy in booze.

If I have to re-order my menu/category system for the booze, I can make that work.

Or could it be done in the points system?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dsicounts based on category sales.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 05:47:51 PM »
The closest you can get is giving them $1 in store credit for every $10 they buy in booze.  But the store credit could be used for anything.

Offline GRCBar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 03:37:32 PM »
In the Loyalty points systems then?

So points would be 1 for every dollar sold, 1 dollar credit for every 10 points, redeem on every sale. The rate would be .1 if the points for each item are equal to their dollar amount? And that simply takes store credit off the entire sale?

Which would work, and be easier to explain.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 05:07:40 AM »
Yes, that is correct.
The other way would be to use the points to redeem for a free item.  That would allow you to select what earned points and what the points could be used for.

For example:
Points are earned by purchasing Cigars.
But Points are only redeemed for free items on Booze.

That's not what you want but an option.