Author Topic: Adding Staff/employee name to Z-Out?  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Adding Staff/employee name to Z-Out?
« on: October 16, 2018, 08:00:51 AM »
An added benefit for all in my shoes would be showing who puts in their code to do a Z-Out.  I've had times with cash drops being off or just a math issue and being able to see who put their number in (just like on a sales receipt) would be greatly helpful, also a good security addition because an employee visually seeing their name on the Z-Out slip makes them aware they're being tracked.  Just a recommendation
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Staff/employee name to Z-Out?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:46:35 AM »
The z-out is restricted.  Open the Settings / Security window.  Look for the Closing Report security level and set password level.  It should also record who was logged in to perform the z-out.  Open the tools / Activity Log.  Set a date and the filter (Closing Report).  I think it should show you who did the z-out.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »
Also, in the Reports window use the Payments / Z-out History.  That will also list the cashier.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:50:42 PM »
For security though we have it so anyone can do a Z-out bc in Winter when business is slow sometimes there is just 1 person closing alone, a standard employee with no manager on duty.  And I was just thinking of user simplicity that it would always be much easier having the staff's name on the Z-Out so that way you don't have to run reports.  I don't look at Z-Outs until I am at home sitting in my office logging daily sales and don't have access to run reports from the POS at the store. Just like how the Staff's Name is on the Receipt, it is much easier to just see their name on the receipt than if you wanted to figure out who did a sale you had to go run a report, especially if you are reviewing things from home.  Was just a suggestion for future updates that a user would possibly want to see.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »
The cashier name is included at the top of the printed z-out report.