Author Topic: Problem with ver 14  (Read 6693 times)

Offline astrong13

• View Profile
Problem with ver 14
« on: June 04, 2018, 06:32:35 AM »
Hi  Ronald  I did the upgrade to ver 14 but I am having a few issues. The first is cashiers can delete sales, when first start log in as cashier they cannot do any deletes but later in the day nothing changes but they can delete items without a password being entered. The next issue is in the product control in 13 they was a light bulb where you can hide or show some fields this I cannot do in 14 I now have to scroll across to view these fields the last one is the systems will switch to the ver 14 logo after about 15 min I changed the setting on the computers and it makes no difference when the logo comes up the cashier have to log back in, these are the same system that was working ver 13 without these issues. let me know what can be done.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with ver 14
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 04:18:26 AM »
To hide a field in the Product Control drag that Column Heading closed.  It's the thin line between the headings.

If a manager or someone with a higher password logs in make sure they log out.  To log out click on the Cashier button.

Offline astrong13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
no one with a higher password logs in the cashier is working the machine then they might tell me that they can delete items without asking for a void this was not happening in ver 13 when ever the needed a delete or void they would call the sup or a manager. This does not happen now some time they work well them they can delete

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 12:35:11 PM »
Which exact window or function are you using to delete the items?  The only controlling factors are the employees p/w level and the p/w level of the function you are using.

Offline astrong13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
The cashiers are in the sales window where they scan the items to do the sale. Now if they rung in 5 corn curls but the person only have 4 and they try to change it a password from the sup or manager have to be used to make the change, this is how it should work but at some time with the same process the cashier can make the change without the sup or manager using their code. I tried rebooting the system after we enter our password just to be sure that the higher p/w is not logged in but then the cashier still can delete after a while using the system

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 03:52:35 AM »
Are you changing the 5 quantity by using the Edit window (Pencil), Quantity button at the top or what?

If you see this happen again check the employee p/w level setting and the Item Edit function p/w level.  Those are the controls and the only way it could happen.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:54:21 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline astrong13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 09:12:05 AM »
The employee setting is 2  and the cashier is 3 i have all the settings set to manager or gm except for customer payment and cashier required to finish these are set to cashier. We are using the edit or the tool box to delete in the sales screen.

Offline astrong13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
Ronald  I noticed something else on starting up ver14 I have to enter my password to open the sales window to get into sales after I enter that it will prompt for a cashier p/w if I click on the x and do not enter a password it will go to the sale screen without a cashier logged in from there the cashier will be able to go into sales  control pull up any bill and edit delete or clear the sale, they can also go into product control and mess with products or change stock levels and prices, now in ver 13 after it comes up and you open the sales window you cannot get into to sales control,product control. if  you scan an item then then try to delete it  you will be asked for a password, please can you look into this and let me know why the change?