Author Topic: Confused with remote service  (Read 5942 times)

Offline sw09

• View Profile
Confused with remote service
« on: October 25, 2017, 02:31:29 AM »
Hi Ronald,

I bought the update to v14 and remote service and have been trying to play around with it trying to understand it before I mess around with the store pos system .

At home I install the v14 setup one in my home pc (as home office) and the other in my laptop (so easy for me to test out before I try hands on my store system). Can I do that to try instead of drive all the way down to the shop and do the setting and come back to try to see if it works? Will it affect my license for 1 store?? Please clarify.

Then I tried to follow the steps you mention in your cloud service forum. I am confused. Hope you can guide me.

I have set up the email on the laptop under product/ remote menu, I have set up the schedule to send report twice a day as well. When I press register, it showed 'this is a subscription service'. Probably the setup you send me have not set the subscription in I think.
On my home pc, I press the 'view remote reports' under the product/ remote menu. It showed 'this subsciption service has expired‘

Is it something that I set wrong? Also when you mention that v14 can view the report on handphone and tablet, how do you do that?

Hope I did not confuse you.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Confused with remote service
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 04:30:02 AM »
Check your email and run the update.  You need to run the update with the service activated.  You can install it on your home computer for testing.  The subscription is for one year.

Offline sw09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »
Thank you for the update. I have installed the update in both computer to try out and it seems working fine. However, when I make a few sales in one of the computer (try out as stores) n view report on the home PC, although the system could search the store number and store name,  the report is not showing well.

View today's sales - showing all *
sales summary - $0.00 (but I finished a few sales in the laptop)
view Inventory - the qty did not reduce

Is it my setting wrong? As I configure a few email to test out but I did not receive any email of the reports too. I am using gmail. Smtp.gmail.com
Port 465.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 04:39:12 AM »
I checked your account and I see the sales information and inventory.  It seems to be working correctly.  The Today's Sales Report won't show you every sale as it happens.  You will only see the sales after the store has executed the function "Send Today's Sales Report".
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:13:20 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 04:43:01 AM »
About Gmail, I hate Gmail.  You are using the wrong port#.  Read our sticky thread about setting up Gmail.  It's one of the top threads perminitly pinned to the top.

Offline sw09

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 08:05:08 AM »
My report is still not working correctly. I tried to rename and renumber the store and register, yet is still showing 0.00 for all. Sorry for all this trouble. But I have been trying the remote function for a while now but still nothing.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »
Are you talking about the Today's Sales Report?  Make sure the store is sending that report.  I see the other reports but not that one.  If you look at the other sales report and select Today for the date you'll see the data.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:37:09 AM by ronaldrwl »