Author Topic: adding/editing Modifiers  (Read 4479 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
adding/editing Modifiers
« on: August 09, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »
Is there any way to bulk change Modifiers?

This gets back to my shipping charges.  It's working well with dimensional weights assigned to each product to get the total weight of a package - it's a big step in the right direction.

The next step is for the cashier to choose the shipping charge.  I'm currently assigning a Product for each weight range in each zone - the zones are separated by Category, the weight ranges are separated by Products.  It's working out all right, but adds up to a lot of Products! 

I think it would be kind of slick to have just one Product for each postal zone, and then use Modifiers for the various weights and resulting charges.  I was able to create all those Products above in Excel, which didn't take long.  But the data entry - and eventual editing - for each charge in each Modifier group seems like it'll be kind of tedious.  Though not insurmountable, I'm wondering if there's any way to use a csv file to populate Modifier fields - or any other way to bulk edit Modifiers.

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: adding/editing Modifiers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »
When you open a product in the edit window and press the Modifiers button there is Save Copy and Load Copy.  This allows you to copy a group of modifier selections.  But it's only one product at a time.