Author Topic: Cannot open cash drawer  (Read 5496 times)

Offline sw09

• View Profile
Cannot open cash drawer
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:48:48 AM »
Hi Ronald,

I used to have a serial port cash drawer but I think the connector is not working well as sometimes it doesn't want to open at all. So the new cash drawer is not serial port or usb port. Is RJ11 port (which looks like a telephone connector) which connects to my citizen CT-S651 printer. I set the printer and equipment/ open connected to printer but it did not open. Was my setting wrong? or do I need to set at my printer ?? Pls help.

Confused.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot open cash drawer
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:58:05 AM »
That is the correct setting.  But I'm worried that you got the correct connector configuration.  They are not all the same even though they all look the same.  The drawer, cable and printer must match.  They don't have to be the same manufacture but there are different ways they are wired.  When you purchased the drawer did you tell them what printer you had?  Do you have a utility to test the printer/drawer connection?

Offline sw09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 06:01:54 AM »
Yes. I manage to plug the connector correctly and set it open drawer connected to printer. Whenver the sales finished it prints a receipt and open the cash drawer. However in the receipt the word 'Receipt#' is showing too big till its off the page and not even showing the number on it. The other details is printed fine. only this receipt# is not showing correctly. I could not find where to set it. Pls help.

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 05:37:40 AM »
Settings / Printer Options

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 06:52:32 PM »
I'm having the same issue at my new store.  I remember always having a slight issue getting the kick-open cable to work and getting the right POS setting.  Always been an issue for me every time I set it up.  Having to use a key to open the drawer each time.  Using the same set up I have at my oceanfront store but just can't get it to open.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 05:02:32 AM »
Some drawer cables are directional.  Try reversing how it's plugged in.  Many times there is a "P" on the printer end and a "C" on the cash drawer side.  And, not all cables work with every drawer.  They must match the cable with the drawer and printer.
If the cash drawer cable is plugged into the printer use the setting "Open Connected to Printer".