Author Topic: This Sale Can Not Be Edited  (Read 6016 times)

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
This Sale Can Not Be Edited
« on: April 05, 2017, 08:06:31 AM »
When I go to edit a sale I get the message:

This Sale Can Not Be Edited.
It May Not Be Finish Or It May Be Open In Another Computer.

Can not finish or edit or void or clear sale.
POS running on only one computer.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: This Sale Can Not Be Edited
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:26:01 AM »
You have the Network version.  Unless there are problems, this message only appears if the ticket is open on another computer or has not be Finished yet.  As I recall you've been having strange problems.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:27:34 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
Actually things have been generally stable.
But, this issue is occurring on the computer that is the server with none of the other other systems even turned on.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 04:28:21 AM »
Try opening all the computers in the sales screen.  It's possible one of the computers is holding onto that ticket.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »
You know, this reminds me of what I had been doing - creating a transaction where we left it open for some reason (e.g., a layaway or deposit made), and then going back to edit it later to finish the transaction.

I had been doing that for years, with it sometimes working and sometimes not (would get that same error message, and it would never be open in another computer).

Of course the solution was to use the Payment button instead, and it's worked fine ever since.

Vaporphoxxe, you're not trying to edit open transactions for the same reason, are you?

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »
@rjsmeyer,

Yes similar reasons. Also trying to clear credits or debits from customers that are no longer with us. Without having to lie to the system that a payment or credit was made and throwing off the drawer and sales numbers.

Offline VaporPhoxxe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 12:06:32 PM »
I tried opening all the computers in the sales screen, as suggested.
Still get the same "This Sale Can Not Be Edited.
It May Not Be Finish Or It May Be Open In Another Computer" message.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »
I had the same situation with trying to thin out that "customers with a balance" list, and there seem to be safeguards in place to keep a person from deleting things on a whim.  But there are a few ways to approach this.   

For instance, if it doesn't work by using the "Find Sale" function (which it often doesn't), sometimes it will work if you go into Customer info and the Advanced Payment window, and look up their history.  I don't remember exactly how, but you can get the invoice deleted there.  Sometimes. 

My last resort is going into the Manager window, then the Sales window.  Be careful in there, I deleted ALL my sales once!!! (good thing for backup!)  Anyway, that always seems to work, though it's a little more difficult to navigate.

Understand that I did this on my own and not on Ronald's advice - so it may not be recommended.  But it seemed to work.