Author Topic: Type of scanner to use  (Read 3951 times)

Offline astrong13

• View Profile
Type of scanner to use
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:53:45 AM »
Hi  Ronald

I have a problem with some items and scanners. The scanners I have are Honeywell, Symbol, Idtech and a orbit I think this is from Honeywell also, the problem I am having is some items do not appear in the sales window when scanned but if you scan them in the product control they always comes up. Example I have a nestle pure life 500 ml water the barcode/upc is short when scanned in the sale window with the orbit or the Honeywell it does not register in the sales window if I use the symbol or the idtech it comes right up in the sales window and pole display, when in product edit all scanners works fine. I am using the same number in upc and item# window. If we do a product search the item will show up let me know if you have a solution.  Sorry the version is 13.874 choice traders
Austin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:02:45 AM by astrong13 »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Type of scanner to use
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 05:30:17 AM »
The product control window will list anything with a partial match (ex. bc will match abc, bcd ...).  The sales window requires a complete and full match.  If you have multiple scanners they may be programmed differently.  Some may be including or excluding a prefix.  Typically you use the scanners owners manual to program it.  Make them all the same and make sure they match what you have in the database UPC field.