Author Topic: POS Application stops working  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
POS Application stops working
« on: March 26, 2017, 11:33:02 AM »
For some reason, ever since the last update the "POS has stopped working" multiple times each and every day and wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  We have to keep restarting the software.  Happens on both registers 1 and 2.  Any ideas?  Thanks
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: POS Application stops working
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:20:30 AM »
Does the error happen when pressing a particular button or doing something specific?  Are you getting any other error messages?  Any clues or help?
No, this is not happening with anyone else.  At least no one has called us with that problem.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:23:11 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 02:04:32 PM »
See if it happens when somebody runs a credit card...  That has happened to us with credit cards but not all of them.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
Nothing in particular triggers it, but again it has happened a couple times today.  Nothing really going on at all, just seems to happen at random but happening often.

We did install a "TimeDrop" Time Clock software recently but I cannot remember if this was happening before it with the latest update.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 05:38:17 AM »
We get that message fairly often, but it seems to actually mean that data is being processed - if I wait a moment instead of shutting it down, it always (without fail) continues whatever process I'd asked it to do.  It's exceedingly rare that it ever actually freezes up and stays that way.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 05:40:53 AM »
See if it happens when somebody runs a credit card...  That has happened to us with credit cards but not all of them.
That's happened to us with credit cards before, but we ended up figuring out that it happens from swiping the card before the credit card window opens.  I think that's why it seems that it happens with only some cards.  Since I asked everyone to wait until that window is open, it has never happened again.