Author Topic: Cloud / Remote Services  (Read 11596 times)

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cloud / Remote Services
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:10:57 AM »
The Cloud services allow you to view reports online anywhere.  And update products from your home office or head office computer.  A new feature allows you to view your sales from the internet. Using your smart phone or computer you can view your sales from any browser.

Setup at the Store:
Open the Product Control window and use the functions under the Remote menu.

Open the Remote / Remote Report Options.
In this window you give each one of your stores a number and a name.
The options you have are for the stores to look for Product Updates and/or Send Reports.
Get Product Updates: select how often the store will check for updates.  Product updates are sent by the head office and each store will check for these updates.
Send Reports: select which reports the store will send and how often.
Report Webpages: select this option to have your reports available for viewing by a web browser.  The button Get Address will give you the web address to view your reports.  You can view the reports on your computer, smart phone, etc.

The next step is to select the time frame the reports will be sent and the days of the week.
The last step at the store is to use the button Register.  This will let you know if your store computer has access to our servers.
There is the option to manually send reports and check for updates under the Remote menu.

Limits: Only the Head/Main Office should send new inventory updates.  There is a queue waiting limit of 16 update files.  So, make sure the stores are set to get the updates frequently enough.

Store setup example:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 04:50:33 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud / Remote Services
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:11:18 AM »
At the Head Office open the menu Remote / View Remote Reports.   In the menu Tools use the Look For New Stores.  Select your stores to view.  If you have more than one store you can group your stores.  This allows you to send updates to a select group of stores.
To view a report first use the Get Data button and then view the report.

Updating your products at the head office:
In the Product Control window update your products and flag them as “Updated” under the Remote menu.  Once you have updated and flagged those products use the Remote / List Updated Products and then use the Send Update Products.  This will upload your products to our servers.  You can upload as many times as you need to.  The stores will get the updates as they are scheduled.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:20:39 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline hmfarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »
Hi Ronald,

How can I get the cloud services and what are the charges. Please advise.

Thanks

Farhan

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 12:43:02 PM »
It cost $19.99/year and you can purchase it on our website.

Offline astrong13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 04:26:19 AM »
HI Ronald
How many stores can I link to the cloud to get info at the head office, do you have a limit?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 04:41:32 AM »
Viewing at the head office there is not a real limit.
The #1 setup problem is forgetting to use the Tools / Check For New Stores in the View Remote Reports window.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:25:14 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline Mark Cumming

• View Profile
    • Print Solutions where you Save.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
Hi Ronald,
With the clould/remote services; do i need the retail pos promgram on my home computer to be able to remote update products or is it done via a web link? Are their any special requirements at my home computer end i need to install first?
Thanks for your help;
Mark

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »
To use all the functions install the program on your home computer.  It does use the internet.  There are no special requirements.

Offline Mark Cumming

• View Profile
    • Print Solutions where you Save.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 08:01:24 PM »
Hi, Just setting up cloud remote services on my pos, in the store set up under cloud report settings for this store: view reports on phone or browser   see address? after having paid the subscription fee, iam still waiting for confirmation email. How do i get the Web Address?
I take it that i must load the program onto the other computer that i want to view the reports or make changes on.
Do i have to update my program first or will it do the updates once this is all sorted?
Thanks for your help,
Mark
P/S are there any plans for adding automatic card surcharges to the program?
How does this program work with Shopify?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 07:08:50 AM »
Yes, you need to update your program first.  Press the Address button and paste it into a browser.  You need to install the software on your home/head office to view reports.  Or, use 'that' address to view the reports from a browser on your phone/tablet.