General Category > ezPower

Cloud / Remote Services

<< < (2/2)

ronaldrwl:
Viewing at the head office there is not a real limit.
The #1 setup problem is forgetting to use the Tools / Check For New Stores in the View Remote Reports window.

Mark Cumming:
Hi Ronald,
With the clould/remote services; do i need the retail pos promgram on my home computer to be able to remote update products or is it done via a web link? Are their any special requirements at my home computer end i need to install first?
Thanks for your help;
Mark

ronaldrwl:
To use all the functions install the program on your home computer.  It does use the internet.  There are no special requirements.

Mark Cumming:
Hi, Just setting up cloud remote services on my pos, in the store set up under cloud report settings for this store: view reports on phone or browser   see address? after having paid the subscription fee, iam still waiting for confirmation email. How do i get the Web Address?
I take it that i must load the program onto the other computer that i want to view the reports or make changes on.
Do i have to update my program first or will it do the updates once this is all sorted?
Thanks for your help,
Mark
P/S are there any plans for adding automatic card surcharges to the program?
How does this program work with Shopify?

ronaldrwl:
Yes, you need to update your program first.  Press the Address button and paste it into a browser.  You need to install the software on your home/head office to view reports.  Or, use 'that' address to view the reports from a browser on your phone/tablet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version