Author Topic: Product List  (Read 7458 times)

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
Product List
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:49:08 AM »
I was wondering why (for me) there is 3 pages of products in the list all? Why are they not on one page for a person to export and save?  The save inventory feature ProductsX doesn't make any sense when exported to Excell. I use this feature when checking inventory to see if have duplicates or wrong prices. Plus I can alphabetize it which nobody can do in the products page. That is one feature that I think a lot of people would like to see.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: Product List
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:44:24 AM »
Like I mentioned in my other post, I use the "Import Products (older version)" to bring items into EZP.  Along with that, I use  "Export List" to export items from EZP - it creates a .txt file that I can then open it with Excel.  It results in a single page that can be manipulated the same way as anything else in Excel.

I'm not necessarily recommending it for you (as Ronald mentioned, you can really mess up your Product list in EZP if you import from Excel and don't do it right), but it works well for me.

As a precaution, I always try to make sure to import a file in my back office version of EZP first (before importing it to the "live" version) to see if it messes up anything.  As an example, if you're just one character off on something like a Category, you'll suddenly find a new Category in addition to the old one.  Or you can suddenly double your inventory. 

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 03:09:49 AM »
OK I went to products- list ALL -exported to file- and page 2 and page 3 were missing in excel. So when I export the list I have to go More products and export those items and then again for the 3rd page. That was my question as to WHY are not all the product on ONE page so I can export 1 page and convert it in Excell instead of 3 pages in order to get my FULL inventory

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:46:58 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:04:35 AM »
It's a physical limitation that is inherit in the Windows List Control.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:10:33 AM »
Ronald, does it possibly have to do with the way the .txt file is opened in Excel?  Mine has always appeared with the full list when it opens in Excel - never just a single page of products.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »
Was wondering what Ver. you are using?  If you import files into the back office one in Ver.14 it goes right to the Main POS. Was also wondering how many products you have?

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 04:23:11 AM »
I'm on v14, and have about 1,000 products in EZP.  I keep my back office version disconnected from the rest of the network so I can do some testing without affecting the "live" version.  And if I want to bring it up to date, I can copy & paste the files from the EZP folder on the "live" computer.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 05:37:51 AM »
WOW I just found out I can alphabetize the products. This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:41 AM »
Can you alphabetize them within the program, in Product Control?  How?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »
Yes, under Tools in the Product Control.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 04:38:27 AM »
The limit is 1000
The alphabetize is by Item#
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:50:35 AM by ronaldrwl »