Author Topic: Newest Update: GREAT feature taken away?  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Newest Update: GREAT feature taken away?
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
in V14 we ABSOLUTELY loved that if you did "Find Product" or "Product Control" and searched for an item that might come in 20 different colors and versions that you could do a broad search for that item, you get all the individual different color options but at the top was an overall tallied stock total of those items.  So if you wanted to know on hand how many "hammers" you had in all, but not worried about red, blue, black, steel, wood, etc option you can at least get an idea of how many hammers in general you have on hand.  We used the heck out of this ... and it's now gone.

Is there reasoning for removing it?  Was it removed by mistake?  It was a FANTASTIC addition in V14!
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Newest Update: GREAT feature taken away?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 04:51:11 AM »
Can you clarify how you are searching for hammers?  If you search for a hammer in the description you'd see all the hammers in all colors.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:15:43 PM »
So I have an older V14 on my laptop I mess around with the features on and then my POS has the newest update you just emailed me last week.

in this link, this is the older V14 product window and you can see at the top of the list of the products it says total and lists a total of the combined search for products, for instance a stock of 57 and a total retail price of $6,501:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t6vpa2glec1f3f/20170312_234346.jpg?dl=0

In the link below, this is the newer V14 from our POS (recent install) and the Totals is now gone.  It was a fantastic feature we used all the time.  Ideas on where it went or why it may have been removed?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnp2qgpomo9wd1b/20170312_234229.jpg?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:17:26 PM by Courtright »
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:49:13 AM »
The first link is showing the Product Control window.  The second link is showing the Product Find window

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
Correct, but in the newest V14 download in both the Product Find window and Product Control window it is now missing.  In the older V14 program the "Totals" at the top can be seen in both windows(Product Find, Product Control).

It's as if in the newest V14 version that "Totals" column at the top has been removed from the system altogether.  Perhaps it was an unwanted glitch but I just know we used it almost daily on things so that is why I wanted to comment to see if it was removed by error or glitch or perhaps intentionally.

Thanks.  =)
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 05:12:39 AM »
You will only find that option in the Product Control window.  And actually that function has been rewritten to fix a problem.  I'll send it to you for testing.  It's only in the Product Control window.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 04:09:25 PM »
Thank you Ronald!
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com