Author Topic: access to Manage  (Read 4878 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
access to Manage
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »
My version is 14.293, network.

After hearing how some other users are relying heavily on EZP security settings, I thought I should mention a basic issue that I've been having with my version.  And this has really gone on for as long as I remember - it's just not a huge deal.

It seems that when EZP is first opened every day, there's access to areas like Manager Control without any password being requested.  If I close and re-open the program, it works as desired - a password IS required.  But, often, Manage Control is accessible without a password again.  This often happens if I've had to go in and out of Product Control, for instance, a few times.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: access to Manage
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:10:18 PM »
I show that you have been updated to a more recent version?  I'm going to send it to you.  I've not heard this before buts let's update your system first.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 04:33:25 PM »
So far, so good.  Thanks!

Bob

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:43:21 AM »
So, in the past I had a "glitch" I never reported where if I was in Product Control and left to the sales screen, the next time an employee clicked on a physical button it would open up the Product Edit screen with full ADMIN access to change whatever, even stock and price.  Once that screen was exited and you went to click on another product button in the sales screen it would function as normal and "sell the product"

This was "hit and miss" as to when it would do it but it happened often enough.  Since the updates I don't believe it has happened a single time.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:51:43 AM »
I haven't had any further problems since the update - thanks!

Bob