Author Topic: So what is this box in "Add New Product"?  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
So what is this box in "Add New Product"?
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
Attached is a picture of the box in question and is it possible to have that be a spot where a manager could add the picture of the product? My Staff only ever uses this screen for creating new products since the other options would offer them too much permissions to affect inventory.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: So what is this box in "Add New Product"?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 01:38:35 PM »
I think that is the product image.  I need to test how it works.  I haven't used that screen in a long time.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Re: So what is this box in "Add New Product"?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
Gotcha, see this is the ONLY screen we use when adding new inventory.  I wish it had more options but in order for my managers to put new inventory in the system but not give them full access this is the best they can have.  If they had security for Product Control I am allowing myself the potential to be robbed blind.

I would keep in mind possibly many users in retail may use ONLY this screen when adding new product for that fact (theft security).

In reality Quick Add should have all the features that the regular Add Product has.  It can still be "quick" by the person doing the inputting to simply use as few categories as needed.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com