Author Topic: character used to move any items to the end of a search  (Read 5455 times)

Offline peter@wolftackle.com

• View Profile
character used to move any items to the end of a search
« on: October 05, 2016, 05:40:46 AM »
There are five ascii characters which are higher than lower case z in ascii codes. When I use any of the four of them which are keystroke characters than are printable they all sort before letters in the ITEM# field. Are there any characters which sort after letters in this software?

I am trying to get them to move to the end of an export so that I can do seasonal ordering. In the meat of our season we sold 8592 items. If there was a way to get the software to do a meaningful purchase order based on history rather than regurgitating the contents of the ORDER POINT and ORDER fields then this manual generation of a series of POs would not be as necessary. So far neither of the methods of generating POs has proven even slightly useful.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: character used to move any items to the end of a search
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 05:46:56 AM »
Yes:
{|}~

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:17:09 AM »
In product control these sort before letters and numbers. Do they sort before in an export? I guess I assume they would. I am looking for a way to move them to the end. Marking an item discontinued prevents one from selling remaining stock.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 07:03:31 AM »
Have you tried the order estimator.  That uses the sales volume to estimate order quantities.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »
I find it pretty easy to just change the order points as demand changes.  The way you can do it now is easy and fast.

We use the Purchase Order function A LOT, and find it very useful.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:22:56 AM by rjsmeyer »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:31:15 AM »
I am looking for a way to make products which are discontinued or on the DNR list to display at the end of the list in Product Control.