Author Topic: How to Add Credit Charge Card Surchare  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Mark Cumming

• View Profile
    • Print Solutions where you Save.
How to Add Credit Charge Card Surchare
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:41:30 PM »
Our store transactions are now around 90% with charge cards and the transaction fees are starting to add up.
Is there a way to add a Surcharge for Credit Card use?
Was thinking of the Handling icon as it don't add sales GST Tax to the item.
Any IDEAS?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Add Credit Charge Card Surchare
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:13:00 AM »
Create a new item in the Product Control window.
Change the "Sell" to "Coupon%".
Set the Amount to a negative value, like -2.50 for 2.50% charge.
You can add this item to a Favorite button so it's always on the sales screen.  Use the Tools / Arrange Function Buttons in the Managers window.

Offline drivethru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 03:00:06 AM »
Like you said just use the handling icon BEFORE you swipe the card. You can put any amount in that you advertise somewhere around the POS counter. Due to increases in credit card Fee's we charge $.10 per transaction. or whatever you want to make the fee.

Offline peter@wolftackle.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:04:28 AM »
We have an item code "upcharge" which is in a department which is non taxable. It is set to price prompt.

Note to Ronald: In my dream world POS software would be able to add a fee to every sale automatically, call it environmental surcharge or card processing fee, and have it automatically subtracted back off when cash payment type is selected. Alternately having a fee table accessed when card charge is selected as a payment type would work also. (The table would depend on card type [debit, credit, rewards] and amount ranges.) The reason that subtracting a fee off is better is because people prefer a perceived discount over paying for their expense causing choice to use a card.

Offline Mark Cumming

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 06:14:11 PM »
Hi Peter,
Like your idea, that would suit our business, many other online pos systems already have this in there program, but don't want all my data in the cloud.
Thanks for your input, Mark
Tonerfillguy

Offline Mark Cumming

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 10:05:25 PM »
Like you said just use the handling icon BEFORE you swipe the card. You can put any amount in that you advertise somewhere around the POS counter. Due to increases in credit card Fee's we charge $.10 per transaction. or whatever you want to make the fee.
I found this is the only way to not add GST/VAT TAX to the Credit Processing fee, i changes the Name of Handling to Card Processing Fee , which is what appears on the Customer Receipt, with both icons at the bottom of sales screen.
Both other methods i tried but could not find a way to make it work or appear in the correct place on the receipt.