Author Topic: Table data disappears  (Read 4190 times)

Offline awbrown

• View Profile
Table data disappears
« on: July 16, 2016, 03:34:12 AM »
I am running the restaurant version of E-Z Power, and for the the second time in the last week all of the table layout data has disappeared from the table navigation screen.  It happened once a few months ago, and I had to recreate my entire dining floor layout, but now it's the second time in the last week or so.

Is there something I can do to prevent this again or a place where I can retrieve this data if it happens again in the future?i

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Table data disappears
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:14:56 AM »
Do have any clues?  What was being done right before it happened?  Or, did you see any error messages?
I would like to know why it happened or some clue to guide us.  Was the server being used, was it busy?  Anything?  :)

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 04:21:34 AM »
You can retrieve the table layout data from your backups.  By default the backups are stored in the DR14 folder but this can be changed.

Open the Help window.
Click on the Database link. A window will open.
The default backup is stored inside the "ezp Backup".  Open this folder.
Copy the Table.ezp to the desktop.
Go back up to the DR14 folder.
Drag and drop the Table.ezp file inside the ezp folder.  You will be asked if you want to replace the one there (Yes).

Be careful!  The ezp folder contains all your data files.  Hopefully you do backups regularly.

The one problem may be that you saved a backup after the table information was gone.  So, your backup will be bad as well.  This is why it's good to keep rotating your backups to different locations.  If you have a backup from last week it will probable have a good table file.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:29:00 AM by ronaldrwl »

Offline awbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 01:30:12 AM »
The server is a machine in the back office.  It wasn't being used for any other purpose at the time, although I use that machine for paperwork and administrative purposes generally.

As far as I know, that machine was turned on like every day, but not anything else done with it.  Around late morning, I noticed that the numbers were missing from the tables on the machine in the main dining area.  Awhile later, all table data was gone.