Author Topic: Merge Customer Names?  (Read 4200 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Merge Customer Names?
« on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:29 AM »
I haven't been able to find a way to do this, so I'm hoping that either I'm missing something or that maybe it could be done in the future.

It's inevitable that someone will create a second entry for a customer (i.e., resulting in both a "Dave" and "David").  From then on it's anybody's guess as to which name new sales will go under.  And deleting one of them will, of course, delete their sales history as well.

In past experience, I've been able to do a Customer Merge, so that all transactions are retained.  Is this possible?

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: Merge Customer Names?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 12:15:58 PM »
If it's something you could do (for your programming charge, of course), I'd sure go for it.

Fortunately, we do get a number of repeat customers, and you might be astounded at how some employees think they might find existing names.  So I just keep finding more and more duplicates, and, of course, can't delete them without deleting their sales history.  And we really promote the concept of recalling what they've bought in the past.

I have to say, though, that I'm still amazed at how few changes I feel I need to ask for, considering what you charge for this software, Ronald.  I just transferred my financials to Xero, so had occasion to look into the available "add-ons" to see what might communicate with it - including POS systems.  WOW!  You really offer a heck of a deal! 

Bob

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Merge Customer Names?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:21:55 AM »
We sent you an update to try the customer Merge function.  Run the install on all your computers (it will not install on XP).  Open the Customer Control window and use the Tools / Merge Customers.