Author Topic: V14 - Product > Quick Edit ..... Security Settings?  (Read 6273 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
V14 - Product > Quick Edit ..... Security Settings?
« on: May 10, 2016, 07:54:34 AM »
So I noticed Product > Quick Edit from the Sales Screen looks new however it seems to be piggybacking the Security features of Inventory Adjust.  Is there a way to make the Quick Edit have higher Security Settings?

I say this because from a retail standpoint I can allow a shift supervisor the access via Inventory Adjust Security Settings to "Adjust Stock" and therefore check in brand new inventory and not give them access to pricing, etc.  So now, myself, my managers and even a shift leader can check in inventory but not the employees.  But now my shift leader is able to use "Quick Edit" and make a $400 item have a price of $0.00.

Am I missing a Security Setting to fix this or is there a way to add it as a separate Security Setting so it does not piggyback off Inventory Adjust? 
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: V14 - Product > Quick Edit ..... Security Settings?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:01:06 AM »
I did verify that this window uses the same security setting as the Inventory Adjust.  Others would fear just reducing inventory and stealing the item.  There's no end to chasing this.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »
I'm away from my POS System at the moment but do you mean "reducing inventory and stealing the item" through Quick Edit? or through Inventory Adjust" 

Because if it is through Inventory Adjust then there are reports to track that.  Which for any shortage a handwritten report is filled out why and authorized and filed away, then every month we print out a shortage report and compare to watch for anything shady.  So that can be tracked, however Quick Edit cannot.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »
Can't "Quick Edit" either use a security setting like "Product Control" since with both you can change the price and info. Or "Quick Edit" should have it's own Security Setting. 

Quick Edit from a business stand point is much more serious  than Inventory Adjust. Inventory Adjust has an easy paper trail which my company runs shortage reports on the first of every month. Via Quick Edit a shift manager now has the ability to change the description of "Oakley Limited Edition" with a price of "$500" to "Sunglass Case" with a price of "$5.00". Now on sold reports it shows "Sunglass Case - $5.00" and I'm now missing a $500 pair. That cannot be done via Inventory Adjust.

I've actually hidden the icons for V14 and I've gone back to using V13 until either I can figure out a work around or there becomes an update with a setting other than Inventory Adjust.
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 05:21:19 AM »
We made that change.  The security setting for the Quick Edit now uses the Product Control security setting.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 06:35:09 AM »
YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND RONALD!  ;D

I loved V14 for small things but this was something that was super important to me so I actually had to use V13 until I found a workaround.  Like I said, you could take a $5,000 necklace and rename it "spray cleaner" and reprice it at $5.00 and no one would ever be the wiser on reports.

Also, I saw an update for Network V14.  I am having the issue that if our modem gets turned off accidentally then the entire program becomes unusable and we cannot finish the sale.  I read the following in updates:

Network Connections
How the clients connect to the server computer has been updated to protect against possible server failures.  For example, if the server is not on when a client starts.  Or, if the server is shut down while a client is in the middle of a sale.  Or, the network connection is not available.  The new procedure tries to provide a smother exit for these situations. 12/30/2015

That sounds like that fixes our issue.  Can you e-mail me the newest updated version of V14 Network with the $19.99 Web Service Subscription enabled please.  This should fix both these issues correct?

Thanks again!  =)
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 06:46:11 AM »
I'll send it now.  But if the router goes down, your registers will still not work without a connection.  This just makes a safer closing for the software.