Author Topic: For users having trouble setting up Network / Sharing ezp Folder (V14)  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
I am using V14 Network Edition on Windows 10 and initially I had the program installed in a breeze and up and running.  I decided to make some changes to my Network and that messed EVERYTHING UP!  (As Ronald knows).

If on the Register Station of the Network (Not the Host Computer) it goes right to "Error 5: Unable to save header information" followed by another pop-up box about "Generic Exception" and then it will redirect you to your DR14 folder on your own computer with a file called "LocalFileNames.plf".  Delete that file and then it will let you restart the process over again for selecting register #2 and then locating the "ezp" folder from the Network Host Computer.

Basically it came down to the ezp folder being in the Public Documents under the C Drive and I had issues with sharing those folders within the C Drive correctly.  So instead of clicking the folders and trying to adjust the sharing permissions here is what you do if it gets you stuck like it did me.

Go to your search box and search for "Computer Management"

In the new pop-up box double click "System Tools"

Next, double click "Shared Folders" and then "Shares"

In the empty pane right click (not on any file) and click "New Share."  This will be a Wizard to help you set up file sharing for the file you need.  Hit "Next" and then "Browse" for the ezp folder under C Drive > Users > Public > Public Documents > DR14 > ezp and that's it.  Now it is shared.

You will probably have to go to the Register #2 now and do what I recommended above to correctly find the file.  (I'll copy and paste it again in the next post - reached the 2,000 character limit RONALD!)
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
If on the Register Station of the Network (Not the Host Computer) it goes right to "Error 5: Unable to save header information" followed by another pop-up box about "Generic Exception" and then it will redirect you to your DR14 folder on your own computer with a file called "LocalFileNames.plf".  Delete that file and then it will let you restart the process over again for selecting register #2 and then locating the "ezp" folder from the Network Host Computer.

I couldn't get it to Auto-Find my file but I was simply able to find it very easily now through my own Network.

Hope I explained it clearly enough and this can help someone else  =)

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:14:59 AM by ronaldrwl »
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ausad178

• View Profile
Thanks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great to hear.  I'm trying your method and I got this far.  Now I'm stuck.  I don't see New Share

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
So from where you are at there are 2 ways to do it, off to the right you see "More Actions," just click that and you will see "New Share", now simply track down your EZP file and it's that easy:

(on your Networked Station - not Register Station) This PC > Windows C: > Users > Public > Public Documents > DR14 > ezp

The other way is just RIGHT-click on the white space and the top option is "New Share"

I'll go get pics .....
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, now I know what it's like being on the 'asking' side.  My More Actions doesn't have the New Share option.  I'll have to investigate this :/

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Wow, that's very strange.  I did a check on all 3 of the computers I have at my store and all of them had the New Share option.  All 3 also I upgraded to Windows 10, not sure if you are using Win 10 and that's the possible issue. 
Sunglass Shack
www.GlassesInTheMail.com