Author Topic: Max to discount a product for staff  (Read 4649 times)

Offline ausad178

• View Profile
Max to discount a product for staff
« on: April 28, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
How to set Max to discount a product for staff. Example: Product 1 -- Max can do discount $1. Thanks

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Max to discount a product for staff
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 05:36:35 PM »
I'm not sure what this question applies to?  But I don't think there is anything like it.

Offline ausad178

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:11:01 PM »
For example: Product 1 -- sell --$10 then admin allow for staff can sell $9, staff can not sell less than $9

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 04:14:16 AM »
You can limit access to all the discounts by security.  The discounts are typically automatic.  So the cashiers doesn't apply discounts at all.  Also, in the Settings / General you can have a Margin Warning by percent.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:29:47 AM »
Ahh, I actually didn't know about the Margin Warning by Percent.  Awesome feature, I am going to check it out.

Also ausad178 in V14 you can allow up to 2 discounts for overall percentage off, and they cannot be combined or doubled up either which is nice.  No more someone hitting 10% off to get an item free.  Like Ronald said, you can set the product to have different prices from editing the Product in Product Control and setting the different prices, then change your security settings so they have to sign in for it so you could potentially track who is doing too much discounting as well.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com