Author Topic: Windows 10 Compatibility  (Read 9423 times)

Offline Shoeboy

• View Profile
Windows 10 Compatibility
« on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:32 AM »
Are Versions 13 and 14 fully compatible with Windows 10?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 05:10:39 AM »
We have not tested them yet.  But I doubt there will be any problems.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 10:28:06 AM »
I've been using v14 in Windows 10 for about a week now, and see absolutely no differences in how it functions.  I will say I'm limiting it to my office computer for now, but that's only because I'm just not sure I want to change the "live" registers to W10.

Actually, I can't say I've seen a difference in the functionality of any of my software with W10.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »
Uh oh, I was just doing some work in it this morning and EZP (v14) froze up.  (note:  this is only on my office computer, on which I run a copy for testing before I change things on the main registers;  I have Windows 10 on this computer, and W7 on the active ones;  I have a network connection between the active ones, but not between the one in the office and the active ones).

I copied the ezp folder from the active register to update my office copy, did a "check stock" report, and when I went to print it do pdf, ezp froze up.  I tried opening it again a few times, and it kept freezing up on opening.

I've rebooted, un- and re-installed, uninstalled and deleted the folders in Public files and Program Files before reinstall, I've tried reinstalling earlier versions of v14 as well as the latest - all to no avail.  It keeps freezing on the opening screen after reinstalling.

Of course, I'm in no position to say whether it's Windows 10-related or not.   But I'd guess there's an easy fix - I'm just not sure what else to try. 

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »
Further update:  it turned out that programs like Excel would not run for me in W10, either.  I'd be able to open excel files, but it would go into non-response mode if I clicked on "File", for instance. 

I figured I had to conclude that there were issues outside the scope of EZP, at least with my install of W10.  There were also some other minor issues that I won't go into here, so I ended up rolling it back to W7.   

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 01:34:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure the problem you had was related to the printer.  When you copy the ezp folder make sure to use the File / Choose Receipt Printer.  Also, you should be using the Generic Text Only driver with W10.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
We have had two reports from Windows 10 users of minor problems.  We are getting our first W10 computer and will investigate.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 11:59:49 AM »
I've since gone back to W10 on my office computer, and everything seems to work fine.

I have just a "test" copy of EZP on it (to test changes before I put them in the live computers), but everything is working as expected.

I'm still just a little reluctant to change the pc's with the live copy of EZP over to W10, but that's mainly for reasons other than EZP.

Offline peter@wolftackle.com

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 06:15:08 AM »
We upgraded the PC we use for inventory and receiving to Windows 10. There was some strange dissassociation of part lookups on the windows Vista machine in our office immediately afterward the next time the windows 10 machine worked with inventory. After closing the software and restarting it on the Vista machine and the Windows XP machine acting as the server and cash register the issue resolved itself. While it is likely that the starting of the software for the first time after the Windows 10 upgrade was the proximate cause of the strangeness, we cannot prove it and the problem was a single instance and has not been repeated.

It has been otherwise stable and normal.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »
We went to Windows 10 about a month ago on one of our terminals (the client, on a network system), and it's been working with no issues at all.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
I've been using Windows 10 on two computers and haven't seen any problems.

I should say, I haven't seen any problems while using ezPower.  I've had some strange things with Windows 10 in general.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:17:23 PM by ronaldrwl »

Offline Happyhundogkat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 12:43:41 PM »
We have also tried making a test version (13) on windows 10, and we havenĀ“t seen any problems